You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

unknown switch in water pump bay

Attached is a photo of a rotary switch with a black knob which is above the light in the water pump bay. Does anyone know what the switch is for?    

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

John

That is the basement thermostat for the aqua hot.

Rudy

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Hey Rudy is that thermostat adjustable?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest,

Yes Sir.

There should be some markings on the body near the black knob. My memory is it runs from a low of 40 degrees to a high of 50 degrees F.

This thermostat runs pump 2 and a fan coil or two located in the utility bay(s) of the coach.

Since it turns on pump 2, the bathroom fan coil(s) will get hot too. But, the bathroom fan(s) will not turn on so you will not notice this. Therefore, when the bathroom thermostat calls for heat and turns on pump 2, the basement fan coils get hot too.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Rudy and Forest, I have attached two photos, one of an unknown switch in the driver's side of the water pump bay, and one of a thermostat in the curb side of the same bay. If the one on the driver's side is the bay AquaHot thermostat, then any idea what the other thermostat on the curb side controls? On another issue, I checked the water and oil consumption after 6,003 miles, and I used about a quart of water and 1/2 gallon of oil. This seems good to me. Am I fooling myself?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

Chester,

The curbside one (Mine is on drivers side) probably controls the little cadet heater that is located in the basement. It may have a thermostat as well, but the thermostat in your second picture turns on and off the power to the little heater. Mine is a little white heater with fan speed and thermostat controls.

Hope this helps.

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Chester,
Look up on top of your fresh water tank on the forward wall and you will find a small heater.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve, yep there is a heater above the water tank, and one above the AquaHot. Looks like the switch over the light on the driver's side operates the one over the tank, and the thermostat in the curb side operate the one over the AquaHot. Question, which way do I turn the black knob on the driver's side to turn it off. I cannot read the directions without taking the light off the wall. Thanks all of you for the help.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

Chester,

The gurus taught me a neat trick on inaccessible part numbers and placards. Use your phone or camera to get a good close up

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I don't believe they have an "off" position. If you turn it all the way to the left it won't come on until the bay reaches 0 degrees. Those are installed to keep the water bay from freezing. If it is set all the way to the right it will come on at 50 degrees. That is the max you can set it.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531