You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

plumbing leaks

I have the complete cover panel off the water manifold to repair a larger leak and have since found 3 more smaller slow drip leaks. I get one fixed and here comes another. The first one was the 90 at the top of the cut offs, so I ordered some seals and a new 90 from Newell. There are at least 7 of these 90s which are not common stock at Lowes or plumbing supply houses. Got that repaired, then noticed a small drip at the Head Hunter water inlet connection. Took it off and it had a small crack in the plastic threaded connection. So ordered a new one along with a check valve. Installed that and thought I was finished. Then found a small drip at the 90 that goes to the water filter, took it off and used one of the spare seals Newell send me. I am hoping this will do it. I am now contacting Chuck at Newell to order some more of the parts. They are not expensive. These are leaks I probably would have never found or paid any attention to if I had not had the panel off. So if the floor of the water compartment has any signs of dampness you probably have a leak. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Messages In This Thread
plumbing leaks - by qcj - 11-04-2013, 01:30 PM
RE: plumbing leaks - by encantotom - 11-04-2013, 06:01 PM
RE: plumbing leaks - by qcj - 11-04-2013, 09:34 PM
RE: plumbing leaks - by qcj - 11-04-2013, 09:42 PM
RE: plumbing leaks - by encantotom - 11-04-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: plumbing leaks - by qcj - 11-05-2013, 08:55 AM