You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

generator water cooled exhaust manifold

Gentlemen,
I have an 86 Perkins powering my generator and have a couple of questions. 

Does anyone have a Perkins connection for parts. I am needing a water cooled exhaust manifold. I have found a couple used ones on E-Bay and one on a Shipwreck Salvage website. There is also a Bowman heat exchanger out there they say is an upgrade. 

Also I am pondering the usefulness of the water cool exhaust manifold. Wouldn't the purpose of the exhaust heating the coolant be the same principal as a block heater? I get the water cooled exhaust manifold in a marine application where you are heating the cooler/cold fresh or salt water to keep the engine coolant temp at an efficient operating temperature, but I would think under normal operating conditions from April thru October keeping the temp between 150 and 190 wouldn't be a problem.  
I haven't had the coach out during the winter months nor do I plan on doing so. So couldn't I eliminate the water cooled exhaust manifold and use a regular exhaust manifold and wrap it, which would help cut down on extra heat in the generator compartment. Am I missing something........

Thanks in advance for your assistance. 

James

Fishinator, 
James & Dr. Jeanie 
1987-8V92 Coach#132

Messages In This Thread
generator water cooled exhaust manifold - by Fishinator - 08-26-2019, 11:54 AM
RE: generator water cooled exhaust manifold - by Tf175 - 08-26-2019, 02:09 PM
RE: generator water cooled exhaust manifold - by Fishinator - 08-26-2019, 05:41 PM
RE: generator water cooled exhaust manifold - by HoosierDaddy - 08-26-2019, 08:48 PM
RE: generator water cooled exhaust manifold - by bestgenman - 08-27-2019, 05:15 AM