You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Rear brakes not building pressure after sitting

Success!  I added a Milton air chuck as a service port to the brake tank up front. Since the only access I had was to the front air tank (Side plugged port), this only made sense. The chuck is in the front a/c compartment along with the two front air tank drains. I also put in a valve as added measure to ensure brake air stays where it needs to be. My little compressor filled it up fairly quickly along with the onboard compressor. Around 90psi on the service gauge, the aux began to fill so I know that check valve is good and possibly the one up front that I already replaced. I haven't started the coach and will do so tomorrow. What I did do is release the brakes and she took a stroll back a few inches before I engaged the parking brakes again. At least I know that part is good. She was happy to roll back that 4" but not as happy as I. The  compact external compressor brought up the pressure to 130 and the onboard compressor went up to 100 where it cuts off. At least there is another service port direct to the brake system if it ever needs to be. Also glad to know the small Milwaukee compressor was able to do its magic. It was more of a test bed since I really didn't feel like unreeling 120' of air hose from the garage to the bus.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

--Simon
1993 8v92TA #312

Messages In This Thread