You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Vintage project

(06-06-2024, 07:36 AM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Looks like the linoleum is still in good shape. Newell uses that as a barrier to protect the wood under it.

The linoleum unfortunately didn't help.  The floor is completely wasted.  A little worse than I thought actually.   Everything is coming out right down to the frame and starting fresh.

JR and Emily Fairchild 
Ridgebury PA

Classic 1976
Everest_the_Newell
Triple nickel Cummins
Allison auto
And a bunch of unknowns.

Sorry to hear that.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Been there and done that our floor was 1 1/8 inch thick so I used 2 pieces of plywood, first piece was Avantech then a piece of 5/8 plywood, areas that had hard to get to mechanical stuff I made hatches that you could unscrew and remove for easy access. The floor we replaced was in a slide so you may not have to access anything.

1999 45'  #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas
1996 40 XL Prevost Marathon 

Looks like the shower contributed to most of the water damage.  The walls and floor around the shower pan were absolutely gone.

I need to figure out what I want to put down for flooring.  Going to try and get that down next weekend.  The wife and I got a lot accomplished this weekend.

Looks like the shower contributed to most of the water damage.  The walls and floor around the shower pan were absolutely gone.

I need to figure out what I want to put down for flooring.  Going to try and get that down next weekend.  The wife and I got a lot accomplished this weekend.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

JR and Emily Fairchild 
Ridgebury PA

Classic 1976
Everest_the_Newell
Triple nickel Cummins
Allison auto
And a bunch of unknowns.

You and your wife are having to much fun! Kathleen and I work together all the time we are a team and really enjoy the end results more. Where are you located?

Gravette, Arkansas

(06-10-2024, 04:32 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  Where are you located?

Ridgebury PA

JR and Emily Fairchild 
Ridgebury PA

Classic 1976
Everest_the_Newell
Triple nickel Cummins
Allison auto
And a bunch of unknowns.

I thought you might be across the border in Missouri, if so I was going to offer my cnc router for your project. There was a Newell this vintage for sale in Joplin MO awhile back.

Gravette, Arkansas

(06-10-2024, 05:53 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  I thought you might be across the border in Missouri, if so I was going to offer my cnc router for your project. There was a Newell this vintage for sale in Joplin MO awhile back.
Cnc router is one thing I have been looking into.   Could really use one.

JR and Emily Fairchild 
Ridgebury PA

Classic 1976
Everest_the_Newell
Triple nickel Cummins
Allison auto
And a bunch of unknowns.

(06-09-2024, 04:22 PM)onefaststang1 Wrote:  Looks like the shower contributed to most of the water damage.  The walls and floor around the shower pan were absolutely gone.

Yea, you guys are into it now. Great work! Kinda reminds me of the bus I was converting, lots of work but its definitely going to be rewarding. 

BTW, do not see a name in your signature, what should we call you?

Jeff LoGiudice
Temple Terrace, Fl
1984 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40
1998 Newell 2000 #490
1986 MCI/TMC 102A3 (sold)

I am not saying you should do this when rebuilding the shower enclosure, but rather giving you something to think about.

When I removed my enclosure for a remodel, I found some signs of water ingress, but not rot. Although I have used Kerdi systems with great success in houses, I felt the flex of a coach required something a little more robust. I stole a page from wooden canoe building. I epoxied a layer of fiberglass cloth on the walls and shower pan making sure to have good overlap at the floor wall seams. It’s not hard or terribly expensive. I used Jamestown Distributors to get the cloth and resin. The trick for smoothing it down is to use a 3 inch mini paint roller handle. No roller, just the steel part of the handle to remove the bubbles and push the cloth flat.

After the water proofing treatment you can go back with whatever wall and pan you choose.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )