You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Vintage project

Got some of the floor up tonight.  It's just complete rot.  The tin underneath is not in very good shape either.

I am thinking about using advantech for the floor, which is fairly water resistant.   Is it necessary to put the tin back down or is it just holding water against the floor?  I am also considering spray foam on the under side of the floor.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

JR and Emily Fairchild 
Ridgebury PA

Classic 1976
Everest_the_Newell
Triple nickel Cummins
Allison auto
And a bunch of unknowns.

If your going to use advantech and spray foam it I wouldn't be concerned with the tin. When you get the tin up it would be a perfect time to think about running everything you'll need to bring it up to modern standards electrical, plumbing so on.

1999 45'  #504 "Magnolia"
Gravette, Arkansas
1996 40 XL Prevost Marathon 

(06-13-2024, 02:54 AM)Jack Houpe Wrote:  If your going to use advantech and spray foam it I wouldn't be concerned with the tin. When you get the tin up it would be a perfect time to think about running everything you'll need to bring it up to modern standards electrical, plumbing so on.

That's the plan.   Honestly I have no clue what a modern unit would have .  First time here.   I did plan on completely re wiring,  new lights,  outlets etc

JR and Emily Fairchild 
Ridgebury PA

Classic 1976
Everest_the_Newell
Triple nickel Cummins
Allison auto
And a bunch of unknowns.

Pex plumbing, ethernet cable from front to back for rear camera and tv. I'm a fan of mini splits so refrigerant lines would be on the list. What type of throttle do you have? Cable?

Gravette, Arkansas

Advantech will probably be fine structurally. If it were mine I would replace the metal. There are many options available to preclude rust. There is a lot of flammable materials below the floor. I like the idea of having a metal barrier between the chassis and the living area. I think it will aid in cabin noise reduction as well. Then again I am a "belt and suspenders kind of guy!"

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Dean that is one thing I did not consider that's a very good point.

Gravette, Arkansas