You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Handling characteristics

I-10 west of Baton Rouge is very bad with the concrete flaring up every on every slab. I have the same wandering problem. Tightened a loose tie rod which helped some but now I want to change the toein from 1/16" (factory spec.) to 3/16". The Detroit Dealer in Tucson could not lift my coach to make the change. To stop the wandering is more important to me than a little extra tire wear.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

And that's not our worse road!
You should have seen I-55 around Kentwood a few years ago before they fixed it.
But you know lots of people complain about Louisiana's roads but we've found far worse in some other states.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

(02-17-2013, 11:16 AM)folivier Wrote:  And that's not our worse road!
You should have seen I-55 around Kentwood a few years ago before they fixed it.
But you know lots of people complain about Louisiana's roads but we've found far worse in some other states.

Call Obama and tell him you have some shovel ready project in LA. I had my windshield to almost pop out when I left Steve house. Call Matt, I'm sure he has a direct link to the White House.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Hi Todd
I would take it to a GOOD front end shop. It is best if they can check the tie-rod ends etc. with the weight off of the front axle. Check the steering shaft. There may a universal joint or splined shaft that is worn. I like Bilstein shock absorbers.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Has anyone tried installing Road King shocks? I understand they just launched a new series with a 3" thick rod specifically for heavy front axial coaches. Supposedly they firm up the ride, while not making it jarring at all. For that price...I'd like someone's first hand account before paying that much.

Mark of SJC