You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

congrats! i had a 38' 8v92 for years (and bill has it now) and loved it. drove like a newell sports car and was fast.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thanks Tom!

Russ & Debbie Davis
Coach #428
1996 38' Non-Slide
2015 Jeep Wrangler 4 door
Yellow Lab-Emmy Lou
Full Time Rv'ers

(05-04-2014, 03:45 PM)Russ Davis Wrote:  Thanks everyone! We've been Newell fans ever since Larry bought this years ago!i I have a question, because it's a '96, does that mean we are considered a " Classic"? We sure hope so,as we've always steered towards older trucks and buses. 12 or so, years ago we owned a 1978 FC Bluebird 31' NA and the quality of construction was unbelievable! We said it loved the mountains, as it took forever to get up them, so it must have been enjoying the view on the way up! Lol this bus is similar in quality and powerful enough to "enjoy the ride" as the Zac Brown Band sings about!
Clark, I have read your blog about traveling with "TLE" for quite sometime and enjoy it a lot! We almost met up twice last year in Montana and at Amazon, but we were having too much fun at our position as independent sales reps. for Southeast Publications that we decided against Amazon. Maybe we will cross paths again this year!
Thanks Again!
Russ and Debbie Davis & Emmy Lou, our furchild Yellow Lab

We'll be hanging around west of the Mississippi for the next 18 months, as you know. Would love to meet up some time. We will be in Lake Tahoe all summer, and then up to the Oregon Coast in September and October at Cape Blanco, then to Fernley, NV and Amazon for November/December. From there we will head back to Riverside, CA for our daughter's wedding January 17th. Will be back to Tom's abode in February of 2015.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Clarke,
We will be in Wi.,N.D.,S.D., Mt. & Wyoming most all summer into fall. Then slowly head down to Az/Tx for winter! Maybe we can meet up for a craft beer somewhere!

Russ & Debbie Davis
Coach #428
1996 38' Non-Slide
Yellow Lab-Emmy Lou
Full Time Rv'ers

Russ, congratulations on your new coach. We purchased Tom's old coach #236 and it too is a 38ft. My family and I will be at the rally and after we are traveling visiting prospective universities for my boys in Ia, Wi, Mn, SD, and Wyoming. I'm originally from Wisconsin and we will visit Chilton for a few days in July and of course I get to show my boys Lambeau field in Green Bay...Maybe our paths will cross this summer.

Congrats on your new addition!
B

2003 Ford F250 SD
2001 Honda Civic
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster LT

Roadapples,

Sounds like a plan!

Russ & Debbie Davis
Coach #428
1996 38' Non-Slide
Yellow Lab-Emmy Lou
Full Time Rv'ers

Russ,

Welcome aboard. Rhonda and I live in Huntington WV so we are just Across the river from your home state. Please come visit and I'll provide the home brew and the wrenches.

What was the city for the S and S spring you used? Did they check the free play in the steering gear box?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard,
Thanks for the invite! We used to travel the WV Turnpike a lot when our son was stationed in N. C., but he's in Hawaii now. WVa is a beautiful state and we really enjoyed visiting there!
S & S Spring (SmithSpring) 1755 Mount Perry, Ohio 43760 ph.740-787-2355
From I-77 go west on I-70 past Zanesville to exit 142 turn south off exit ramp app1 1/2 mi to the shop on right.
As far as checking free play, I don't think we did. They checked the hub slack and adjusted brakes. Everything was very tight and they said they looked like brand new!

Russ & Debbie Davis
Coach #428
1996 38' Non-Slide
Yellow Lab-Emmy Lou
Full Time Rv'ers

Russ,
Welcome,
You won't find a more friendly knowledgable bunch of guys.....btw, most of them, including Richard can show/help you disassemble and reassemble your coach!
Smile

Bob Miller
Previous owner of #390

Bob,
That's good to know! When I had a sticks & bricks, and garage, I would do most of my own repairs and all my own service. Now that we are F/T I really miss having a place to do that! Having knowledge at a keystroke or phone call is comforting when there are so many scammers out there that will take advantage of folks stuck out on the highway!

Russ & Debbie Davis
Coach #428
1996 38' Non-Slide
Yellow Lab-Emmy Lou
Full Time Rv'ers