You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Welcome Russ!! Great coach and very rare. At 38' 2", #428 is likely the ONLY Newell made after 1995 that is less than 40' 6" long and possibly the fifth shortest coach Newell made after 1989 (#323, a 1993, was 36' 6" and #374, a 1995, was 37' 8", #300, a 1992, and #236, a 1990 owned by our own Bill and Heather and formerly by Tom and Darlene, were both 38' 0"). I hedge that statement a little because there are about 15 Newell coaches built after 1989 that I don't have the VIN numbers so I am not certain of their length.

It is a very attractive coach and should be a rocket ship with the Series 60 in it. Congratulations.

[Edit: Corrected mistype, the 1995 is 374 not 373 (373 was a 45' 0")]

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Russ, great acquisition! It is a beautiful coach. Safe travels!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Thanks everyone! We've been Newell fans ever since Larry bought this years ago!i I have a question, because it's a '96, does that mean we are considered a " Classic"? We sure hope so,as we've always steered towards older trucks and buses. 12 or so, years ago we owned a 1978 FC Bluebird 31' NA and the quality of construction was unbelievable! We said it loved the mountains, as it took forever to get up them, so it must have been enjoying the view on the way up! Lol this bus is similar in quality and powerful enough to "enjoy the ride" as the Zac Brown Band sings about!
Clark, I have read your blog about traveling with "TLE" for quite sometime and enjoy it a lot! We almost met up twice last year in Montana and at Amazon, but we were having too much fun at our position as independent sales reps. for Southeast Publications that we decided against Amazon. Maybe we will cross paths again this year!
Thanks Again!
Russ and Debbie Davis & Emmy Lou, our furchild Yellow Lab

Russ & Debbie Davis
Coach #428
1996 38' Non-Slide
2015 Jeep Wrangler 4 door
Yellow Lab-Emmy Lou
Full Time Rv'ers

Thanks everyone! We've been Newell fans ever since Larry bought this years ago!i I have a question, because it's a '96, does that mean we are considered a " Classic"? We sure hope so,as we've always steered towards older trucks and buses. 12 or so, years ago we owned a 1978 FC Bluebird 31' NA and the quality of construction was unbelievable! We said it loved the mountains, as it took forever to get up them, so it must have been enjoying the view on the way up! Lol this bus is similar in quality and powerful enough to "enjoy the ride" as the Zac Brown Band sings about!
Clark, I have read your blog about traveling with "TLE" for quite sometime and enjoy it a lot! We almost met up twice last year in Montana and at Amazon, but we were having too much fun at our position as independent sales reps. for Southeast Publications that we decided against Amazon. Maybe we will cross paths again this year!
Thanks Again!
Russ and Debbie Davis & Emmy Lou, our furchild Yellow Lab

Russ & Debbie Davis
Coach #428
1996 38' Non-Slide
Yellow Lab-Emmy Lou
Full Time Rv'ers

"Classic" is the more rounded body style Newell used prior to 1990. We have a number of members who have the Classic models and they are wonderful coaches.

The Series 2000 began with the 1990 models so your coach is not a Newell Classic. The Series 2000 had a minor change in 1994 when the Detroit Diesel Series 60 engine was put in. The next changes were the addition of slides and the new front cap with the round headlights in model year 2000. 2005 saw the introduction of the 2000i series with the higher side buttresses and a new rear end cap. In 2006 model year, the P2000i was introduced with the Porsche designed front end. The current body style is the 2020P which was introduced near the end of 2013 model year.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Congrats on finally getting your Newell. It looks much better without the billboard on it!
Hope you can join us at the rally in June.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

The banner at the top of each page on this forum features two Series 2000 coaches and two Classics.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I'm guessing that your body style, which was used through 1999, won't become a classic until Newell makes their next total redo. Your body style received a new nose in 2000, but the rear didn't change until around 2004 or 5. I'm sure Michael can add some insight on the "classic" issue.

After reading Michael's post I guess we're destined to always be "series 2000".

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Thanks Michael!
That's ok if we don't qualify as a classic, we've already had people in campgrounds tell us they thought it is brand new! Not many folks know the Newell brand because they were so advanced whatever year they were built,it does tend to confuse people.We thought we wouldn't have as many admirers as we did in "Bigfoot" because it was so unique, but we don't mind at all.

Russ & Debbie Davis
Coach #428
1996 38' Non-Slide
Yellow Lab-Emmy Lou
Full Time Rv'ers

Hello Forrest,
It's not looking good for us to be able to schedule the rally. We are leaving Ohio after our granddaughters graduation in early June and need to be in Wisconsin soon after, unless I send Deb back to the huge fridge for a sammitch ,( which we're still getting used to) and I turn south when she's not looking! Wink wink!

Russ & Debbie Davis
Coach #428
1996 38' Non-Slide
Yellow Lab-Emmy Lou
Full Time Rv'ers