You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slides in or out

Forest, solar does not work because it will be under a roof. Does anyone see a problem with dumping the air bags and disconnecting the batteries?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

What about humidity, is that an issue?

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

living in a warmer climate I drive my coach at least once a month. We have a small group of about 15 RVers that go on a camp out every month for about 4 days. This gives me a chance to exercise everything. If I should not be able to go I drive the Newell about 20 miles around the loop. When I bring it back to storage I usually just leave it in ride height and leave the 120 volt comp. on. If I am going to work on it I raise it as high as it will go block it and it might stay that way until I'm ready to drive it. I have at times let the air out of the bags, but that bring it down so low that the steps are very close to the floor. If I cut on ignition switch the steps cannot close, so I have learned to leave the door open to prevent this until the the coach is raised. This might not be the correct way to store the coach, even for 30 days, but it seems to work for me. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Chester is there anyway you can mount a solar panel to the edge of the roof?
Another thought I had was to install a shutoff valve just upstream of the regulator for the bladders and a tee just downstream of that so you could hookup a portable air tank. That way you would eliminate all other sources of leaks and then see how long the air tank would keep the bladders pressured up.
The only problem I see with leaving the batteries on for the 12volt compressor are the other phantom loads. If you could isolate the 12volt compressor then your house batteries might last long enough.
I agree that keeping the bladders inflated would be most important.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Also I forgot to add, I do leave my slides in unless I have been camping in the rain then I will open them and the awnings to let them dry out. I usually close them the next day. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

If I isolated the 12v compressor and it was the only thing connected to the batteries, would it provide air to the air bags? I have 12 new golf cart batteries. Solar is not possible since this is a large building roof with many coaches.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica