You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

NOT A Guru

The Foretravel owners' forum is: http://www.foreforums.com and the other 'Bird forum is: http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com . Both have plenty of good information, and people from both are on here, too, since some minor parts (engines and transmissions come to mind) are the same on all three brands.

Foretravel, Newell, and Wanderlodge (in alphabetical order) were our three finalists, too. If you get a coach that has been properly maintained you really can't go wrong with any of them. Although the Wanderlodge factory is long gone, Bluebird is still very much in business. Most of the "parts" are the same that all RV manufacturers use, and there is plenty of expertise on the two forums to more than make up for the lack of the factory. Foretravel and Newell are still in business and seem to be doing well. The whole town of Nacogdoches, Texas, seems to revolve around Foretravel, with several businesses specializing in taking care of the coaches. Motorhomesoftexas.com is one of those, and has both Foretravels and Newells for sale. Newell has that 24/7/365 factory hotline that is a great selling point. The three coaches have three different skins (steel on 'Birds, fiberglass on Foretravels, and aluminum on Newells), and each has strong points and weak points. Whichever one you pick, make sure you know how to properly care for it and you will be rewarded with a great-looking coach for many years.

Do your research well, and you may be one of the lucky ones that buys their third coach first. Otherwise you may be trading sooner than you had planned.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371

I traded my 02 Foretravel for a 99 Newell and have never looked back. I love it and I live in Nacogdoches.
Foretravel is a good coach and I feel the new Foretravel Co. is doing a good job. It changed hands from the Fore family to the new owners somewhere around 05. The many reason I prefer Newell to my 02 Foretravel is it is all electric. I love the residential frig along with the many other electrical assets. It has what amounts to 4 A/Cs versus 2. It has a 20 kw generator. The Aqua Hot when it is on electric will heat water as fast as it will on diesel. Rudy might want to pipe in here. It has a separate washer and dryer and the dryer is 220 volts. It has a 110 and a 12v. water pump and a 110 and 12v compressor. My 02 had only 12v. on both. I do prefer the aluminum skin both on sides and top. I also like the front independent suspension, I believe this begin on the 97 models. Foretravel during the 2000 period I understand made about 50 with independent suspension, but went back to a straight axle. I don't know what the new ones have.
These are just some of the reason I prefer Newell. I must say that one might be comparing apples to oranges, because one could have probably bought 3 Foretravels during this period of time for the price of 1 Newell.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

You have one slide or two?

I have two on my Newell and also had two on my Foretravel. I like the all level floor on the Newell.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot