You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Restringing blackout blinds

Hello,
I have blackout blinds in our bedroom and one of them string broke and I need to restring it. Its in 2001 Newell with two slides ( its the non slide side in rear bedroom )
Was wonder if anyone did them self. If so, how did you remove the top part of the blind bracket? is screw to the plywood bracket?

I have hard time locating screws where the molding holding in place !
I included couple of photos.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

You may need to remove the surround panel in your first photo. There should be 2 or 3 screws in the black carpet on the sides. The panel should just come out then you can access the head rail. The blinds should have a screw to remove them from the head rail. You can buy more cord at a blind shop locally or on Amazon. Cindy just redid 1 but I was doing other stuff and didn't watch. I'll try and get some info from her. In the meantime a spring clamp works to keep the blind up Smile

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Thanks,
I noticed some screws on each side of the cabinets, they are not exactly lined up with molding but could be right screws for the panel to remove it..

I went to several blind/window outlets as well as home Depot but no ones has super small diameter of the rope they use in Newell blinds, its very small , it could be the reason of the diameter why breaks down over the time.
My broke right where turns 90 degree in to small pilot hole, just got fried.

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

I found some on ebay. It was 0.9mm, if you have the same blinds as mine which are Vista Products.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/271152117070?var...1439.l2649

Cindy has a file with more info on re-stringing. I'll post it in the interior section in the docs area in a few minutes.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Thank you so much!
I took the side panel out from left tv cabinet , but only has bunch of extra electric wires bunched up , nothing to do with the over the blinds panel?
Other site of the window in our coach has 3 shelf and I looked to the side of it , carpet side wall has some screws but facing wrong direction.

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

Try a call to Newell.