You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Changing air dryer cartridge

Adrian you should only need to drain the "wet" tank in the back, the big one in front of the engine, and the "wet" tank nearest to the 110v compressor, (and the 12v compressor tank occasionally) on a regular basis. If you're doing that there should be no more water getting in the other tanks. Since you don't know how the previous owner maintained the air system go ahead and drain all of the tanks to be certain they are dry. After that just periodically drain the front and rear "wet" tanks and you should be good to go! Adding pull cords to these 2 make it a simple process.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Steve, my front tank above the two large tanks has two drains at each end like the one above the transmission.  I think you said you have two different tanks in the front between the frame.  No two alike.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

VERY INTERESTING Chappell. Mine definitely is different than yours which further demonstrates that "no two Newells are the same". Our coaches are only 26 apart.

Thanks for the info...................................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531