You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Finding right filter

Hello,
Was wonder if anyone has same filter in older Newell
In our 2001 Newell we have 2 stage #1 & 2 filters THM 1 & 2
We also have clear plastic canister filter next to the city water plumbing.
I need to change that filter cartridge and wanted to find out where you can find them?

Thanks ,
Les

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

I buy those twine filters at Home Depot. They come in a 2 pack. About $11 for two.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

It is just a sediment filter. Almost any one will be OK

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Great , Thanks
Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

I also have question regarding stage 1 & 2 filters THM filters , how often should one replace them?

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

I go through a TON of those between the 2 houses. Strictly a sediment filter. I typically buy the 5 micron filtering size, as opposed to the 30 micron. The least expensive place I've found centrally here is a farm and ranch store called Atwoods, at $1.99 per filter. They will usually have them in stock, if I haven't cleaned out their inventory! I change mine monthly, using 7 cartridges between the 2 houses. The farm house has a ton of black sediment that's coming up with the new pump, so I built a 4+1 filter manifold prior to the Kinetico water softener. The first 4 filters are in parallel, dumping into the last and then to the water softener. It's been amazing to watch the stuff coming out of the house pipes, once the stuff going in got minimized! Even my MIL's hair stylist has been able to tell a difference.

Unless you go through a TON of water or get into a very heavily sedimented water supply, I would expect you could easily get 2-3 months out of a couple filters. They will look much dirtier in the canister than they will once pulled out and dried.

06 M450LXi 3 slide

The stage 1 & 2 filters in my coach only treat water going to the Amana refrigerator and the special little drinking water spigot on the kitchen sink. As best I can remember when I installed them a year ago, they should be changed after 1,000 gallons. It takes a lot of ice and drinking, coffee water to use up 1,000 gallons, so I plan to change after two years. Just my opinion.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

they are really expensive filters to change annually. for me anyway

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Everpure the maker of those 2 filters suggests only annual replacement , unless your water is real bad. Newell charges about $120 for the 2.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

That is a better price than most I have seen on the internet. I try to replace my Everpure filters annually. Bacteria can start growing in filters left in the system too long and actually reduce the quality of the water instead of improving it. The Everpure 2 stage THM filters are some of the better ones on the market. They have a low flow so they are suitable primarily for ice and drinking water. I re-plumbed my system to also feed the Inst-Hot through it since we use it for hot tea also.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com