You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Part for drivers seat

Maybe mine are original switches? One of those things you just never know buying used.
It's a good idea to carry spare fittings, spare tubing, and spare tubing plugs. On one trip the air line to the passenger seat popped off under the seat. Of course things like this always happen just before you enter a tunnel. My first thought was locked up brakes inside the tunnel so I took the last exit before tunnel. The easiest fix was to plug the airline where it tee'd off in the blower compartment under the seat. 5 minutes later we were back on the road.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

In case of an emergency, as Richard and I can attest, a pair of needle-nose vice-grip pliers applied to the airline WILL stop the flow of air for an extended period of time (like years).

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Just fold it over itself and zip tie... Had to do that on a frozen airline to the air horn on 422 in New York when it was 10 belowSmile

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

I carry push valves for the air lines. I had issues with a drivers seat. Just isolated the line to it. Got them at lowes in the plumbing section. Never thought of Marc's idea the bend and zip tie. He is a smart guy.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

No marc is not smart... Cresley at Newell is smart.. I just follow directions.. Ask my wife.. Well sometimes.. Lol hey Doug I'm typing this from bluewater key. Put side where it's 82 light breeze.. The only problem here is 1 palm tree is keeping my sat dish from getting a clear signal..lol we move in 3 days to a water front site.. Thanks for the recommendation.. It's awesome!!

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Ok,the paddle switches are 25 each or less, so a bit of rework would be worth your time. Forest the controls you pictured were the standard ford seat adjustment controls newell used for years. Under the isri is a ford electrical actuation system for tilt and fore/aft movement.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

For my 77 coach I bought a nearly new National air ride truck seat with air lumbar. It had manual switches for both air parts. The switches looked very similar to those pictured here. This may be an alternate source for parts that are "close enough". BTW, I almost kept that seat for my "new" 93 coach because it was super comfortable for me and my butt.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

My seat is a Recaro and I have never had air. Looked for air hoses and never found them. It does have an air switch. Gave up and went to other things. The seat is comfortable, and all other adjustments work so I just went with the flow.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

For all those keeping track I found the importer for the ISRI seat for the US. They were very helpful sent them pics and they sent me a part #. One dealer wanted $125.00 and four weeks delivery the other dealer wanted $68.00 and had in stock. I also found the part, before I got part #, in Australia for $200.00. Guess which one I bought. The one for $68.00