You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Larry,
They are a Gates product. I get mine at O'Reilley's Auto Parts. If your set up is like mine I can give you the belt number.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Shamu,
"The nest is at the far end of the cone shaped air intake tube screen, my intake starts on the right rear side of the coach." Then you can remove the inlet cover on the coach body and vacuum it out or disassemble, clean & inspect and replace the air filter and start new.

Any weather checked hosing I would replace. When you get time, spend some time looking for hosing that is chafing against any thing. Time spent will save you an inopportune breakdown.

Not a big lover of pressure washing engines, but every time I go to the factory I see them doing it.

Not sure what water purifier system you have. I have three filters and they are always on.

Provide a picture of what lights you are referring to. While you are checking lights, don't forget to check the warning lights that illuminate from behind the dash covering. Lights like the check engine & stop engine lights. There is about 10-12 of them. Bulbs are available at Wal*Mart. Have to remove top of dash to replace the lights.

"My basement central lock system locks all but three doors, is that an actuator issue?" Applying 12 volts to the actuators that don't work will tell you whether you have an electrical or actuator issue. Or check first are the actuators getting 12V.

"I don't have a 50 amp service set up yet (hopefully next week) until then, what is the best way to keep up the batteries?" Do you have any power? If not run your genset occasionally to keep the batteries charged. If you do plug into it and select the amps on your electric inverter panel.

"will the tire pressures drop after setting for over a week or so? Is there a way to inflate them from the coach?" Shouldn't. BUT tire pressure does change with temperature changes. Increase with heat & decrease with cold. You should have an air chuck fitting in the right side engine access compartment at the RR of your coach. It is located by the SS electrical box. With the engine running you can inflate up to coach pressure. A air multiplier or booster is needed to go over about 120 psi.

If you are coming to the rally in June we can give you a hands on introduction to your coach & its systems. Hope to see you there!

Hope I answered your questions..........................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

>Is my water purifier always on? I did drain it to clean it, is that god enough?
If you are talking about the dual canister water purifier, it always has water in it and it feeds the separate small faucet at the sink and possibly the ice maker (it does on mine). The cartridges should be replaced at a minimum of once a year. Otherwise, bacteria can begin to grow in them and they are worse than not having them there in the first place.

>Where can I get the little orange/amber colored aircraft light bulbs that illuminate the control panels?
On my instrument panel, the bulbs are covered with a soft plastic slid on sheath that adds the color. I found the sheaths at Marvac Electronics in Costa Mesa, CA

> My basement central lock system locks all but three doors, is that an actuator issue?
Most likely

>I don't have a 50 amp service set up yet (hopefully next week) until then, what is the best way to keep up the batteries?
Use adapters and plug it into a standard 15 amp outlet. You may need to reconfigure your inverter/battery charger to keep the voltage draw down so you don't trip the breaker on the 15 amp outlet it is plugged into.

> will the tire pressures drop after setting for over a week or so? Is there a way to inflate them from the coach?
No, the tire pressure should not drop after setting for several weeks. Yes, you should have a pressure fitting in the engine compartment that you can attach an air hose to fill the tires. Trying to get tires above 110 will be a slow go with the built in air with the engine running since that is about where the air compressor turns back on. Without the air doubler, you may have to put air into the tires until it stops filling (tire pressure equal or greater than system pressure) then bleed enough air from the air chuck manually to get the engine driven air compressor to kick in and build the system pressure up to 120-125 psi, then continue refilling the tires.

Looks like Steve beat me to these answers.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

The lights I mentioned, are amber colored light posts, on the dash, over the microwave, and on both light control panels next to the bed. They illuminate the the switch control panels in an amber soft light. I have a few not working and would like to fix that.
They simply twist off to replace.

John, Sheri & Lily Kai Curwick
1996 Newell #406, 2015 Jeep Rubicon Hard Rock, FJ Cruiser, Harley Fatboy. 35 CABO Express Tongue

Shamu, I am a newbie too, As for the post lights you can order bulbs GE330 I got some from Atlanta light bulbs 888-988-2852 $0.60 each
Just pull the black top cover out of the base and remove the tiny bulb from it.

One question for you, how to you control the 3 above the microwave, and the 2 on the panel to your right above the entry steps, mine stay on all the time

The door lock actuators on our '92 are Ford parts. Used ones from a wrecking yard were about $20 each. New one's from Ford or Newell will run you about $285 each.

http://www.am-autoparts.com/1990/Mercury...50133.html

this is what i bought. they used them on almost all ford products of that vintage.

28 bucks a pair plus free shipping

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

That's a great deal Tom. I had to have welding shop fab some of my rods.

Welcome, you found the best folks on the web!
We are new owners of 422 and the vacuum trick worked to get a couple of leaves out.

I too would like some tips/cleaners/best practices on cleaning up my engine bay...got motor envy after seeing those pictures.

1996 Coach #422 Fulltiming

"I too would like some tips/cleaners/best practices on cleaning up my engine bay...got motor envy after seeing those pictures."

I'll relate how I clean mine. I'm not a fan of introducing water to an engine bay. I have found cleaning allows me to thoroughly inspect things.

My steps are cleaning, painting & polishing. I spray everything off with compressed air. For cleaning I like to use a citrus spray cleaner & lots of rags. If something is greasy I first use a rag with automotive cleaning solvent. Once clean I blue tape off & paint the engine block. Then individually blue tape off any components to be painted. My last step is to polish all stainless steel, aluminum & chrome.

This is not a few hour process and takes some effort, but the results are amazing. Once clean, you will quickly be able to see any thing out of the ordinary.

Hope this helps...................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531