You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Broken Down

See the attached picture. I am broken down in Florida City. Road service is working on it. He left to get a new hose made up and said he would put the wheel back on the coach so it would still be here when he got back.

I have no idea how that hose could have come out of the brake canister. The threads on the hose are definitely damaged. I hope this never happens to anyone else. The clock is ticking at $125/hr plus parts. Road service will cover him showing up, but I think that is about it. It took over four hours for him to arrive and he will be gone another 3 or so by the time he gets the hose made. You would think I was out in the barren west! Oh well, no one hurt - just a bump in the road and a late night I hope.

Russ

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Tom - on any administrator - please fix my typo on the thread title when you have a minute. I'm a little too stressed to type well I see. R

Russ White
#530  ( Sold )

Russ, I hope that you get back on the road safely with a not too much lighter wallet. Good luck!

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Thanks Bill - It is not going well. I didn't get a very competent road service mechanic. He off again for more parts. You really are at their mercy when you are stopped along the road. R

Russ White
#530  ( Sold )

Russ, we feel for you. Try to relax, at least no one was injured. What has happen can be repaired and will be. You are at home. Good luck.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Thanks - I am concentration on the "it could be worse" part of the equation. No sure what you mean by "at home". Ha - the middle of a median in Florida City is not remotely where I would want to call home.

I'll get through this!
Richard - Thanks for the consult!
R

Russ White
#530  ( Sold )

Russ, I mean the convenient of water, electric, e-mail and A/C. I know this doesn't make things seem to be better, but these things are not with a lot of off road repair. Just trying to make you feel better. i will be there one of theses days and feel the same way you do. Chin up it will get better.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Chappell - Okay, got it! My sense of humor needs a little tuneup too! Russ

Russ White
#530  ( Sold )

I had something similar happen to me. I always carry a couple of needle nose vice grips with me. You can pinch the hose off and get the coach to a safe place to finish the repair. Paul

Russ

Hope it all worked out ok. What was the outcome?

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex