You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tool box

I've got a drawer full of them. But then I'm left handed, so all screwdrivers.......never mind....

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Marc

Great story, that is a beautiful box indeed. Good thing the box was cheap now you wil have some $$$ to buy the tools for it!

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

i do love tool boxes. i have a couple that size. and will probably get one more.

my tool box story. i had one about that size that had my lifetime of tools in it. about 9 or so years ago, someone broke into my garage and stole it and some other things (while we were home was the scary part). so....insurance replaced my box and the tools.

at the time, costco was selling a box that looked a bit like the one you got. nice and very heavy. i had that for quite a few years. about 3 years ago while we were sitting watching tv one night, darlene heard a loud noise somewhere i didnt hear. i told her it was nothing and not to worry.

later that evening i needed to go in the garage for something and i saw a stunning sight. our beautiful fairly new Blue Honda CRV we tow behind the newell hd the back quarterpanel totally smashed in and MY TOOLBOX had done the deed. the drawers had these rubber stops that had nubs on them to hold the drawer in had not been staying in lately. so that night one of the top drawers slid out, then another, then another and soon it was top heavy. my tools and sockets etc were EVERYWHERE. after i picked up what i could, me and another guy picked up the box.

the car needed a week in the body shop.

i had read about costco's return policy, but had never tried it. so i loaded a 6 or so year old totally destroyed stainless tool box up on a trailer, drove to costco and took it to the return line. i told them what happened, they looked up my purchase and promptly gave me a full refund. no hassles whatsoever.

the motto is if they do not have solid drawer locks (my new big box has slide lever locks under each drawer handle) then you need to make sure the top is down and the key lock is locked. AND secure that thing with ratchet straps, not the cam lever straps. and ones that are heavy duty. not the little ones.

there is a lot of weight there.

thats my 2 cents worth and i am sticking to it

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

THanks guys for all the tips.. I hope my new to me stacker with the box will be painted and ready to go to the rally.. I'm thinking of organizing a tool box shower party.. Hey girls have baby showers where everybody brings something the new mom may need why can't I have a tool box shower where everyone brings a tool for the new box.. Lol

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Marc

Going to have to send me your address so I can forward the gift as I can not make the rally do to no coach. Lol

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Come on Marc, throw a mattress in the stacker for Doug so he can come to the rally.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

We can do better than that tell Skeen to bring 422 for him.. Hey Doug we find you a coach will ya come?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Great terrible story Tom, time does wonders and builds great memories.

Bob Miller
Previous owner of #390