You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coach 423 "rare" Bath and 1/2 Bath owners Dave and Marjorie

Thanks for following us on Facebook Forest. Hope you like all our weekly travels. We don't stay in the best of campgrounds as we are Thousand Trails Elite members, also stay in Encores and Passport Americas. We have never had a problem fitting in. Will help you any way we can. The Pacific Northwest is amazing, this is our second year here. Been here a week in Newport, Oregon and its been 70 degrees high all week.

Dave and Marjorie, Gus & Angel (our Tonkinese cats)
Newell Coach #423 - 45'11" "Rare" First full Rear Bath and mid 1/2 bath produced. Full timers since 03/2013.
Find us on Facebook Our Life on the Road

Thanks Chester and Tom.

Michael, no issues with the entertainment center/fireplace moving as I have it secured directly to the wall and floor with L brackets and wood screws. Even the back of the 32" led tv is secured to the wall so none of it moves. On the chairs, I glued silicone to the bottom of the chair legs and the haven't moved at all, even down the twisty 101 in Oregon or the PCH in California. Everything you see in the pics is held down with museum putty or Velcro (pictures), so we do nothing when we leave, just turn the key and go.

Newell Coach #423 - 45'11" "Rare" First full Rear Bath and mid 1/2 bath produced. Full timers since 03/2013.

Very helpful ideas Dave (or Marjorie whichever answered)

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Welcome to the forum!
We own your older Sister coach #422
Full timing noobs...
Great Folks here...
Jeff and Denise

1996 Coach #422 Fulltiming

(07-19-2014, 12:36 PM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Very helpful ideas Dave (or Marjorie whichever answered)

Always Dave! Marjorie is in charge of the design and décor Smile

(07-19-2014, 02:56 PM)Sundance Wrote:  Welcome to the forum!
We own your older Sister coach #422
Full timing noobs...
Great Folks here...
Jeff and Denise
Thanks Jeff and Denise. Would love to compare full timing notes sometime!

I had a few questions about mods ect... to our Newell, so I thought I would post everything I have done and also included a few things the owner did the year that I purchased it. All of this was done in the past 3 years. I quit adding it up when I reached $40k LOL, but I know I am less than $50k....just barely!!! Smile Of course that doesn't include all the regular maintenance to engine and generator. Good grief, I am over $50k LOL.

CHASSIS
New Turbo.
New Charge Air Cooler.
Rebuilt both six packs.
New dash a/c compressor.
New Alternator
New engine belts and hoses.
Rebuilt entire Aqua-hot. New fuel pump, coil, thermostat, control box, flame sensor, bearings, elements, mix valve, ect…
New ride height control valves.
Basement a/c’s – 2 new residential compressors at Newell, new control boards, along with complete a/c system refresh with both units pulled out and cleaned, and inspected.
All zipdee awning canvas replaced.
Triple Blue ox hitch installed for motorcycle or golf cart lift.
New Xantrax invertor.
New chassis and house batteries (8-8D) 6/13
New Tires (8) 5/14

INTERIOR REMODEL
Amana fridge - New compressor and evaporator fan.
New round composite granite sink.
New Kitchen water faucet.
Flooring – Professionally installed hand scraped black bamboo hardwood flooring in living-room and bedroom.
Wallpapered entire coach with raised textured bamboo.
New custom Roman Shades professionally installed on all windows, woven bamboo fabric with 100% blackout.
New residential modern dining room table and 2 new suede dining chairs.
2 new suede chairs for living room.
New modern electric fireplace/heater with TV media center console.
Installed designer glass tile on drivers side wall behind entertainment center. 36 sq ft.
New black leather bedroom headboard.
New custom comforter.

AUDIO/VIDEO
Dash - installed Kenwood flat screen GPS/XM/CD stereo integrated along with new color backup camera and speakers.
4 new TV’s - New 27" led TV in living room, new 32” smart led TV in living room, new 24" led in bedroom and new 32" led outside. New Blue ray dvd player, new HD DVR. All TVs work with all coach speakers inside and out.
New super low profile in-motion KVH A-7 satellite.
New Pile driver FM DVD sound bar in outside entertainment center hooked to outside TV.

you have been busy

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

We sure were busy before we left 3/13 Tom. The only project I have done since then was the living room fireplace, entertainment console and glass tile wall. Did that in March when we were sitting for a month at the Great Outdoors in Titusville.
Dave

(07-21-2014, 08:25 PM)encantotom Wrote:  you have been busy
tom

i really like the glass wall tile. gives me some ideas

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH