You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Plumbing Fixtures

Need help with a plumbing problem. We have a "new" coach 2002 Newell, rear bath. Integrated Grohmix shower fixture. We have no hot water coming through the shower head, however, there is hot water to the fixture. Have disassembled, followed all instructions, can't find ANYTHING wrong. Does this mean the thermo element is bad. HELP.

Ed & Lynda Perkins
2002 Newell #638 (4 slides)
Tow 2012 TDI VW Jetta Car
2015 Mazda 6 Sedan
1998 F250 Work Truck
Pontoon boat, 2 John Deere Tractors and a golf cart!!!

The Grohe fixtures have a lifetime warranty. Contact them and they will send you a new cartridge, or whatever else you need. BUT it may take a few weeks to get it in. Kinda difficult to wait that long for a hot shower but at least you will have a spare.
Do all of your other faucets have plenty hot water? If so that will eliminate any problems with the Aquahot.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Fortunately, we aren't going anywhere right away. Still trying to figure out how everything works. Lots of difference between our old 1990 and the 2002! We have a grand-son-in-law that works for a plumbing supply company in K.C., so think maybe we can get one quicker....maybe.
Thanks for your speedy reply.Smile

Ed & Lynda Perkins
2015 Mazda 6 Sedan
1998 F250 Work Truck

I ordered one on Amazon and had it the next day....but it may not be the problem. The mixing valve associated with the aqua-hot could fail and be giving you "warm" water that is not hot enough to mix with the cold water. If you can figure out how hot it might give you a clue.

Do you *ever* get hot water out of the shower? If it runs hot for a minute or two then turns cold, I would look towards the aqua-hot.

You can search on this site for mixing valve and will get a lot of information. The bottom line is what most folks do is to buy a new valve and just change out the guts without disturbing the pipes.

Hope this doesn't send you down another rabbit hole!

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Thanks Bill...we do have hot water everywhere, including to the fixture, so I think the Aqua-Hot is working great.

Ed & Lynda Perkins
2015 Mazda 6 Sedan
1998 F250 Work Truck

We had a similar problem on our 90 this past summer and Michael Day and I trouble shot a couple of hours and it turned out to be the anti-scalding valve...it was a delta faucet though. Rudy sprayed some anti-corrosion spray on the valve and we proceeded to move it enough till it was operational...not sure but do you have a hot, cold and then the third valve? If so, I bet that valve is corroded.

B

2003 Ford F250 SD
2001 Honda Civic
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster LT

I remember that. We were at the rally in our 1990 Coach (the 2002 was at Newell getting the slides worked on). We were parked on the lake front between Chester and Gary. This is a little different beast, so I'm on my way this morning to Kansas City to see my granddaughter's husband at the plumbing supply house.

Ed & Lynda Perkins
2015 Mazda 6 Sedan
1998 F250 Work Truck

Take the shower mixer apart and soak everything in Lime Away. I did this and increased my hot water flow from a 4 out of 10 to a 10 out of 10,,,and have done the same thing to the kitchen faucet mixer as well.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Larry, did you break the mixer valve apart? Or just soak the entire thing?
I've got my shower valve soaking in vinegar now.

I soaked the whole thing and found I didn't need to go further than twisting back and forth submereged in a bucket of Lime Away. Grohe will send a new one FREE as you know so if you break it a new one is easily obtained. I have ordered a lot of parts from them and it usually takes less than a week to get them.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border