You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Blew tag bag

So I finally rounded up the right sockets and an impact wrench. Took less than ten minutes to remove the bag with the right tools. I have capped the supply line to the tag so I can use the drive air bag to help support the coach. Here are pictures of the bag.

My mother had her asphalt drive covered with some sealant. I have never worked on a surface that mad me so dirty .

New bags on order from Chuck. I will cry if they don't fit

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Don't think a plug would have patched that....

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Post script.

Thank you to Chuck at Newell. Bags were here 9 am Monday morning. The bag installed in less than fifteen minutes. Another example of fantastic Newell support.

Here are a couple of tidbits that may help out in the future three of the nuts are 3/4, and the one with the air fitting is 1 1/16. You need deep well sockets and an impact gun. Once I rounded that up I had the old one out in ten minutes. Fuggedaboutit without the tools above.

Also some tags have the bottom studs 90 from the top ones and some tags have the studs in line. Just for grins I loosened the center bolt on the old bag and guess what? The bottom plate will spin!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

richard, i knew they did rotate, but with a new bag, there was some concern about doing it. firestone told me about but said it could be really tough to do with a new one. and leo knew about it but said he would prefer to not do it.

so we didnt try it

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(09-05-2014, 01:30 PM)folivier Wrote:  Don't think a plug would have patched that....
Or a patch kit!!
B-)

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Richard, are the new bags Goodyear?

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot