You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

110 compressor

While we are on the topic, I kept having trouble with the unloader valve on my compressor. It worked, but leaked air. I found this little mechanical unloader device. Load Genie. I was skeptical, but it was cheap so I ordered one. Works like a charm. Just something I thought others might be interested in.

I am thinking about mounting a ping tank for the compressor, and installing the load genie on the bottom of the ping tank to give me automatic water dump each time the compressor cycles. I feel like the aux compressor puts a lot of water in the system. I feel that way cause as I fiddled with the unload valve over the last couple of months, I would have to disconnect the air fitting at the compressor. I did it so much that I no longer bled the system down, I would just unscrew the compression fitting and let it blow. It always amazed me at how much water would blow out the air line.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Mine dumps water every time the cycles and it does generate more water than I would have thought

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I am following your instructions and thank you Richard. I will call after I complete all your steps. The gremlins in this compressor are driving me nuts for 6 months now and have replace the check valve and high pressure relief switch....

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

There has been a couple of times where my excess slope light has come on and I did nothing and had no problems, but from what I am hearing here I think next time the light comes on I will hit the emergency stop button on the HWH pad.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Got everything apart except the new 1/2 check valve installed two months ago. All air lines were dry as was the forward tank. The compressor runs fine after removing the air hose and that indicates to me CHECK VALVE or obstruction , but again and I can't get it apart. used plumbers putty when put in and I can't break it loose..I have superman coming over next week at $110 an hour and would like to avoid that and also running on 60lbs from my 12volt aux forever.... Any ideas that lead away from the check valve ? Any ideas on how to get this baby apart ?

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

Some of the putty may have gotten into the check valve (I like teflon tape). Do you mean you can't remove the check or you can't take the check apart? Don't get mad but righty tighty, lefty loosey. Smile

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

the check is a 1/2 four piece brass and not one of the three fittings will come apart. If I can get it out I will look for damage and try to reinstall before buying another $30 valve. Any ideas on how to get putty soft ?????

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S

can you take a picture of it and post it or send it to me? i am not quite getting the picture.

do you mean you used what is really called plumbers putty on them? only thing i ever use is teflon pipe dope and i am very careful not to get any such that it would get in the air line itself. it would really gunk up a check valve.

also, check valves should only be 10-15 bucks. and i dont think are 1/2" you sure it is that big?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Hi Larry,

First of all, under all cases, find a way of holding both pieces of brass that you are trying to loosen. The last thing you want to do is to mess up the threads in where the first pipe attaches to the compressor. Here is a neat trick if you have the wrenches. Try to place the wrenches so that they are close enough to each other that you simply squeeze them together to apply the loosening force to the joint. You can generate an amazing amount of torque squeezing like that, and you great control on what you are doing. When the joint breaks loose, you won't bust your hand.

Second, if you used putty, dope, or even teflon tape, you have to be VERY careful not to get any of the above on the first threads OR it will end up downstreaam in the system. I highly suspect you have a contaminate in the check valve. I have not had any success in repairing a check valve. Also, make sure the arrow is pointing the direction of flow when you install the new one. I can attest, that they just don't work if installed backwards. I would order a new one pronto. Or, the Load genie I mentioned above is both check valve and unloader in one.

You might try gently warming the fittings with a propane torch if the wrench trick doesn't do it. . Caution being the key word.

Glad the compressor runs, the fix won't cost much money.

When I was having similar compressor wars with a ghost in the system. I finally figured out the compressor thermal overload protection was causing it to shut down. The compressor was overheating because the HWH system was telling it to stay on. That situation may be partially applicable to your deal. If the compressor outlet is blocked or partially blocked by the check valve, then from time to time the thermals may cause it to shut off, because the well pump switch is downstream from the check valve. If the check valve is letting the compressor to build system pressure, then the pump switch won't know to turn it off. It will run and run until the motor gets hot enough to trip the thermals, i.e. invoke the invisible ghost.

When

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I got the check valve out and it blows through from both ends meaning Kapput (Dead)... It had a black spot in the membrane and I bet that was from me using a hair dryer to unfreeze any ice in the check valve. I fried the ice and valve too. Its only a 1/2 Richard because here 1/4 doesn't exist and Franklin Truck Parts is the only one who sells them for 80 miles, so that is why I used 1/2 to replace the 1/4 that went bad last oct from heat exhaustion as membrane was melted black.... As soon as I took the air hose off and found it all dry I knew it had to be the CV. I used a plumbers string impregnated with something last time and tape when I put it back together and hope everything works.. Hedy is pulling in with the valve. Keep you posted and thanks a heap Richard, You led me down the path, now I need to hike back.

2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S