You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

#686 on Ebay at Fix It Up Price

I have seen a few ovens in that space, but they have all been small camper style ovens. They look OK but not the matching finish to the rest of the space.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

it has a over I want to replace it with a dishwasher I though some one would know or may have already done it and how much also is their a reason they don't use a normal residential dishwasher

I can't remember exact figure for carpet plus install as it was done at the same time as numerous other items and paid on a few different invoices/times (deposit, order, completion).   Our bill for that trip was around $40k and we had lots of stuff fixed, replaced, etc. such as slide seals, Aqua hot etc.  

The carpet we chose is one of the brands they normally use, Fabrica, and with the original design pattern, which adds to the cost of both carpet and install (as pattern has to line up perfectly to slide floor edge) Except we chose a higher dense and more plush pile that ended up being way more than we were originally quoted.  We didn't realize the cost diff due to mis-communication issue or we would have put a less expensive option in.  But we loved the end result.  

Regarding other items.   My opinion... Whatever you think it will cost or amount of time to fix things, double it.  That's because unless you have really thoroughly inspected everything, some issues uncover others while some just take more time or cost more.  If you're good with that then at least your expectations are reasonable.  

Some things are best left to newell IMO, such as slide seal replacements if needed.  But if you are willing and have the time to do work yourself there are lots of people here that can help.  

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

i am kind a a strange one on these kinda coaches as they dont scare me. as long as there is no frame, structural damage or major engine damage, everything else is just time and money.

so...ya have to get it at the right price and then be prepared to do alot of work yourself, spend a lot of money having someone else do it or both.

15k for carpet for me is a no brainer....like no way. but each of us have our own thresholds of what we will or wont do.

my 2002 was something i have had to do a lot of work on but the result has been worth it so far.

i also believe there are many places who can do good body and paint work without having to go to newell, but again a personal choice and no doubt they do excellent work.

there is nothing you cant do or get done. the question is.....if you spend all that money to buy it and then fix and upgrade it, is it still a bargain or not?

only the buyer can answer that.

btw, i like the exterior colors.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

looks like they backed into a brace on the inside of a garage building.

did Newell use 3M to bond body and frame in 2004 like they do in 2015

I'm not sure if I'm seeing all the body damage....If it is only the rear lower corner that can be repaired quite easily...

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

their is a split about 6 foot up all the way end to end on the rear cap

what things changed from 2004 to 2005 ? did 2004 have key pad for remote lighting etc. I think rear steer only started in 2005 am I right, also Cat & Detroit 60 but I was told the 60 only got 4 mpg and Cat 6.5in2005 due to smog is that sound right when did the 60 mpg go down in mpg and is the cat as good as 60 for holding up also was told not to get 10 or 12 speed with Cat stay with 6 speed are their any reasons to get a 2005 instead of 2004

2004 was the transition year for the ZF suspension with the steerable tag. Coach numbers 671, 681, 685, and 697 on had the steerable tag. Others did not. 695 was the first Newell with the Spyder Controls although it was multiwire rather than single wire multiplex until 2009. 688 was the first Newell equipped with EGR. None of the CAT powered Newells have EGR valves.

During 2005, the styling changed on Newells from the 2000 body style to the 2000i. This is the change to the higher rear cap and the buttresses on the side for the slides. That change occurred beginning with #722.

It is never a good idea to assume that any change took place with the introduction of a new model year. Newell makes continual changes and some folks order a Newell to be built with some features that are no longer in general production. There were still some Detroit Diesels used in early 2006 models until Newells supply ran out. The ZF transmission was not used with the Detroit Diesel. On the other hand, most of the earlier CAT powered Newells had ZF transmissions because at the time Allisons were not rated for the torque of the 625 HP C-15.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com