You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2016 Newell Gurus Rally Planning

(07-09-2015, 06:13 AM)77newell Wrote:  I just did the calculation based upon the information provided above by Jon ( I eliminated duplicates and Tom's Israel pin) and was surprised to find the average location works out to the very southwest corner of Kansas, not far from Liberal. Fascinating, further west and south than I would have imagined.

Jon,

I like your idea, I think if we only used locations for those planning on attending the rally we would have a fairly accurate representation of the center of the rally attendees universe. I dropped 10 rows trying to only give one location per member and came up with (37.83811355, -101.3367094) as the center of the Newell universe as we know it. You can cut and paste into Google Maps or Google Earth and see exactly where it is.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

While I was doing the calculation it occurred to me that prospective attendees depends at least a bit on where it will be. The map shows a split in the pins, a mass running down the center of the country and then scatters in both the East and West. Who shows up at a rally will depend on where it is as well as the timing. Still, it appears to me that if the pins are at all representative of membership locations the NE NEW Mexico and SE Colorado are reasonable for balancing travel.

We are stuck with the proverbial chicken and egg situation.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

After Bill entered his location, we have a RV park 23.1 miles from the calculated center point, and only 1,199 miles from me.

http://kansasrvparks.org/rvpark.php?page..._j_rv_park

RJ's RV Park!
-- OPEN ALL YEAR! --
-- 2 top ranked golf courses --
Features:
-- WI-FI
-- Lee Richardson Zoo.
-- 2 top ranked golf courses.
-- Finney County Game Preserve.

Park Address:
RJ's RV Park
4100 E. Hwy 50
Garden City, KS 67846

GPS:
Latt:N37.96040   Long:W100.82105

Contact Information:
Phone: (620)276- 8741

Facilities:
60 sites - all pull thrus, 50 full hookups, 20/30/50 amp, handicap restroom facilities, showers, laundry, modem friendly. Mostly shaded sites. Modem Friendly. Campground store, full service, limited RV supplies, ice, gas service. Swimming pool and playground. 2 Cabins.

On US 50, 1 mile East of Hwy 83 & 50 / 400 Jct.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

(06-30-2015, 09:15 PM)Yachts Wrote:  Actually guys there is a campground abut 30 mins from me. Byrds outdoor adventure center.  It is primitive camping but it does have 50 amp and water just no sewer at site. You can be right on the mulberry river ,beautiful, but it's a little primitive.. I know we went there already but where we went past year was good and close to Newell. Another place would be lakeside rv resort in Ketchum ok.. Right on grand lake.. Spectacular views and only 40 mins from home base..

Marc, are you sure you don't mean Waters Edge Rv Resort that is on Grand? There is lots to do on Grand lake, and places close to ride RZRs down by the dam. Would be close to the factory too.

Waters edge maybe the name , i thought it was lakeside, but either way I'm in thereSmile. Another neat area is broken bow lake in south east Oklahoma... Beautiful lake awesome parks and ate riding

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Not sure about Kansas! but then again I need to hear from Tom.
By the way what the heck is in Kansas?

PS I found out;
http://ozmuseum.com/

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Darn it Steve. I was going to say "ruby slippers".

i have been checking on places as well. i have to admit i am more than amused by the location averaging.

thanks for the help

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Anyone have a dog named Toto ?

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

The average may move a bit with added pins, but I would be surprised if it moved a lot since we have 38 pins now. Even a few in Alaska wouldn't move out of Kansas. Now there is a scary thought.

Tom, this is good information but doesn't by itself make the decision. What are are your thoughts about even considering the average as a basis for the location decision? I'm hoping this question doesn't feel like I'm putting you on the spot. I just hope to keep the disuse ion going.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed