You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

anyone have a source for leveling system air solenoids

Larry,
You have a bad ride height control valve. With the rod removed you should be able to add & exhaust air.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve,

Not necessarily..... If the travel solenoid is not energized and open, the air is trapped in the bag and what you do to the rod on the ride height valve has no effect. In fact, once when my ride height vlave tore up, I just unplugged the travel height solenoid at the manifold once I had the height where I wanted it, and drove on.

While I suspect the ride height valve I cannot rule out the travel solenoid. Just my opinion. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Maybe I read something into Larry's post that isn't true. Sounded to me that when he puts the coach in travel that the left rear raises 4" above ride height. That indicates to me that the ride height valve is accepting air when the left travel valve opens, but the ride height control valve is not closing when the coach reaches ride height. As the coach rises above ride height, air should be exhausted. If you disconnect the linkage you should be able to move it down & exhaust air. The fact that Larry could not manually exhaust any air when the coach is in travel mode & 4 inches above ride height leads me to believe he has a ride height control valve that has ceased working correctly. I would remove the valve & blow air in the inlet & see if I could shut off the inlet air & exhaust the inlet air by moving the linkage arm. If the ride height control valve fails that test then it would need replacement.

The fact that Larry could level the coach using the manual mode has no relationship to the ride height control valves as the leveling mode does not use the ride height control valves.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve,

I just did not understand or read that when put in "travel" that the bag then filled. That being the case, all you say is true and it would have to be something with the height control valve. I think they can be tricky as an exact replacmenet was not something I could find for mine. Also a difficult place to work around safely. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Russ,
From Larry's post that is how I read it. I could be wrong and no it wouldn't be the first time.

The ride height valves were much easier to access on my Country Coach as they were located inside the frame rails. A pit would be very useful in "playing" with the ride height valves on a Newell. I know replacement is an issue as the ride height valves of our vintage are no longer made. I've seen them replaced with several different brands & styles. I would also advise replacing both sides, if not all three.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

The Best source for solenoids is Spartan Scientific and they have a large catalog online

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Larry,
Do you have a part number?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Matt (Express 1) had the very same issue with his front HCV. It put the front all the way up. So up that it eventually pulled the shock apart. I replaced it for him at the Creede rally. So I know the Ridewells will fail in that way.

Larry, I like the Roadking HCV so far. Call them, they are now making a kit just for Newells.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard,
Is this the RoadKing that has been making shock absorbers for a few years?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I got my HCV's from Ridewell Corp. in Springfield, MO 417-833-4565.
Part # 6300BNAE16 for rear
Part # 6300BFAB10 for front
Approx. $50.00/pc. in 2008
It appeared the only difference between the two was the length of the linkage rod. I used the rods that were already on the Newell and put both on the rear. I have not replaced the front yet.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.