You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

anyone have a source for leveling system air solenoids

It is not the roadking shock folks. And I said it wrong, I should have said King of the Road.

Anyhoo, the new Ridewell valves have had an engineering change in the last couple of years. They now are designed to be quick responding and they use air like crazy going down the road. I replaced all my HCVs with new Ridewells and my compressor was cycling about every two minutes will traveling. I could see the supply air needle moving.

I replace them with normal deadband, slow acting KOR brand and I have been happy so far.

If you use Ridewells, make sure you get the grey bodied slo flo model. Not the blue model. Good luck finding the grey ones on the internet. Maybe directly from Ridewell is the way to go.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks to all of you for your input and suggestions. I've been traveling since Tues aft and haven't been able to respond or solve the problem although I now have a new, but different looking, rhcv installed. I will try to play with the adjustments as soon as I get to the track and have some blocking to keep the coach from ruining my day. I also suspect that the service center may have played with the location of 2 of the solenoids and may have put them back in the wrong positions. I'll have to check electrical current to each solenoid to see if they respond to the proper command from the touch pad. I'll keep posting until I have it solved. If necessary I may have to go to HWH. Steve is right, adjusting the rhcv is very difficult and almost impossible to get to without a pit.

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

I remember somebody making a long handled tool for adjusting the HCV w/o getting under the body. I dont remember who it was though.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I know this is an old post but our 510 came from newell with the blue height control valves...they looked like they were recently replaced. It uses air really fast when traveling. I watch the air gauge (the one with only one indicator needle) cycle about every 2 minutes just like Richard said.

Jonathan Shetler
1999 Newell 510
Ft Lauderdale, FL

(05-13-2015, 05:28 AM)DogKnots Wrote:  I know this is an old post but our 510 came from newell with the blue height control valves...they looked like they were recently replaced. It uses air really fast when traveling. I watch the air gauge (the one with only one indicator needle) cycle about every 2 minutes just like Richard said.

Are yours made by Mac?

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Jonathan,

not quite sure what your question is?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

My logic for replacing the blue Ridewell valves that were using a ton of air was two fold. One, that had to be more wear and tear on the compressor system. Two, processing more air through the system just puts more water in the system.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(05-13-2015, 01:36 PM)Richard Wrote:  My logic for replacing the blue Ridewell valves that were using a ton of air was two fold. One, that had to be more wear and tear on the compressor system. Two, processing more air through the system just puts more water in the system.

I replaced all ride height valve on the 96 with King of the Road and was very please with results.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

I too replaced my HCV's with King of the Road and noticed a reduction in air usage. However, I never had usage like Jonathon is quoting except when my dash HVAC was operating and the air pressure energized the vacuum pump for the HVAC controls.

On my coach if consumption was high only when traveling then the operation of the HCV's is the culprit and changing the valves to a low consumption style would solve the problem. If the problem appeared both when parked and traveling then I would be searching for leaks - especially in the area of the HCV's if the leveling system otherwise worked fine when parked since mine are always pressurized even though their output is isolated at the 6-pack when parked.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

I don't know what brand mine are but I noticed the guys in Miami, OK installing some that look exactly the same in other coaches of my vintage. I should have looked at the brand.
I didn't really have a question, I was more commenting about the air usage and hadn't thought about the problems associated with high air usage until now. I did drain a ton of water out of the air tanks after only about 4 months / 4K miles of use. Now I want to get the pull valves installed so that I can drain the water without having to block the coach and get under it (which is kinda scary for me).
I also never thought about the vacuum pump and the dash air…I'll have to check that out on our next trip when we head to Daytona infield for the July 4 NASCAR race.
Is anybody on here going to that race?!

Jonathan Shetler
1999 Newell 510
Ft Lauderdale, FL