You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

new members

Dear Gurus,
Marilyn and I bought # 277, a 1991 Newell 08-25-15 and brought it home to Mustang, OK. I just retired from the FAA as an aviation safety inspector (pilot) in February.
Marilyn retired back in 2012. She still has more service time than I. I'm also retired US Army last flying CH-47 Chinooks and two wars to my credit. We like to spend
time on our 36' SeaRay cruiser, but our land yacht is a close second.

The coach has about 171,000 miles now and is in basically very good condition. Except for the present supply air issue, everything works, or I have the parts in the garage to
fix it when I get it back home from the shop.

As usual for a used machine, there will be things needing maintenance. We've already installed new tires, are updating most of the lights to LED, new 'porch' lights
for outside, new color backup camera and monitor, new engine temperature sensor for dash gauge, fresh coolant for engine and genset, and new rebuilt correct alternator
with correct foot with proper grounding cable.

It goes to Newell in October to have damage from a side swipe accident repaired. At first, I was afraid the kid was going to hit me head-on, but then looked up from his phone!
After that everything should be functioning as it did from the factory and look about s good as it did then!

Nothing but compliments on the coach! I've changed out the round headed screws in the door frame for countersunk screws and haven't had any more issues of a stuck door.
After we brought it south and exposed it to heat, we couldn't get the door open that first evening in August!

Good to have friends - Thanks Jimmy!
Danny and Marilyn
#277, 1991 Newell

Welcome aboard.

I think you will find some pilots, and even another FAA inspector or two, as members of this merry band.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(09-27-2015, 04:55 PM)dannymarilyn Wrote:  Dear Gurus,
Marilyn and I bought # 277, a 1991 Newell 08-25-15 and brought it home to Mustang, OK.  I just retired from the FAA as an aviation safety inspector (pilot) in February.
Marilyn retired back in 2012.  She still has more service time than I.  I'm also retired US Army last flying CH-47 Chinooks and two wars to my credit.  We like to spend
time on our 36' SeaRay cruiser, but our land yacht is a close second.

The coach has about 171,000 miles now and is in basically very good condition.  Except for the present supply air issue, everything works, or I have the parts in the garage to
fix it when I get it back home from the shop.

As usual for a used machine, there will be things needing maintenance.  We've already installed new tires, are updating most of the lights to LED, new 'porch' lights
for outside, new color backup camera and monitor, new engine temperature sensor for dash gauge, fresh coolant for engine and genset, and new rebuilt correct alternator
with correct foot with proper grounding cable.

It goes to Newell in October to have damage from a side swipe accident repaired.  At first, I was afraid the kid was going to hit me head-on, but then looked up from his phone!
After that everything should be functioning as it did from the factory and look about s good as it did then!

Nothing but compliments on the coach!  I've changed out the round headed screws in the door frame for countersunk screws and haven't had any more issues of a stuck door.
After we brought it south and exposed it to heat, we couldn't get the door open that first evening in August!  

Good to have friends - Thanks Jimmy!
Danny and Marilyn
#277, 1991 Newell

Danny glad you hooked up with the Gurus. 
Their an opinionated group but you find a better or more knowledgable bunch, and the best part is they love to help..
What a disappointment to have a near head on with a kid texting.. On your first trip!!
take care!!

Jimmy

Thank you for your service! Welcome to the group. I am a newbie here also as we will be getting our 98 coach this week! We have most of the same upgrades planned. Where did you get your tires and what did they cost if you don't mind sharing?

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

(09-28-2015, 04:02 AM)pairodice Wrote:  Thank you for your service!  Welcome to the group.  I am a newbie here also as we will be getting our 98 coach this week!  We have most of the same upgrades planned.  Where did you get your tires and what did they cost if you don't mind sharing?
We bought Michelins through the FMCA connection locally at T&W Tire here in OKC. Computer balancing and mounting was $532. Six tires were about $4,300. MAKE sure you get the class H load tires. On our coach, the front tires are heavily loaded and class G tires are overloaded in the steer tire positions. The previous owner had used Bridgestone tires and they lasted well. Some were made back in 2003! One pull off had a blister beginning in the side wall. Next time I might use Bridgestone again.

I sold the pull offs for $75 each. They are prized by the dump truck guys, and this guy has treated me right on dirt and gravel. For sure, run 120 PSI on the steer tires and the maximum on the rear tires. Fill the tanks and weight the coach before you buy the tires to ensure you get what you need.
Danny

Thanks for the info! Since we are full-timers my wife would probably not appreciate having 8 'yard ornaments' until someone bought them but at $75 each she might consider it ...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Yep the dump trucks love the 315s. Gave mine to my dirt guy and now I get to see my old coach tires everyday! Good to know they can still be used.

Welcome, you found a good group. Looks like you also have a super coach.
Just over in OKC in our coach.
Sent you an email.

1996 Coach #422 Fulltiming