You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bummer

Thanks Richard that sets my mind at ease! Meanwhile I still need to remove it for replacement.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

as for sources, just google it once you get the part number. if you are lucky, the number is on the side of the bag (goodyears do that sometimes), if not, and you are lucky, the sticker ont he bottom or the top of the air bag steel plate will be readable with the number. some of mine were readable, some were not.

if no to all of that you will have to do some measurements and figure out what one you need. the tech support for firestone airbags is really good.

back to sources. just google the part number and call all the places it shows up. i found some of mine locally, others i had to order. from what i can tell, if a place online shows it in their online system, that only means they can get it, and it doesnt always mean they have it in stock. so call around

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

OK the ruptured air spring has been removed and identified it is a Firestone W01-358-9039. I have found them locally and on sale for $117.00 each. Best price online looks to be around $100.00 each but would need to order from a couple suppliers to find stock.
The tools I used were a 1 1/8" socket for the single nut on the bottom. The top has 2 each studs with a 5/8" open end for the air line and a 1 1/16" open end wrench (or could use a 1 1/16" deep socket after removing the air line) for the inboard nut on the top and a 3/4" deep socket for the outboard nut on the top. The hardest part was getting the coach high enough to remove it easily using a 20 Ton bottle jack. I am using large blocks of wood to support the coach while working under there.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch