You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hello Gurus

Hi Everyone:

My name is David Sugg and my wife Lengki and I live in Cornelius, NC. along with our two dogs, who will be traveling with us.

We just purchased coach #1487 from Newell and we plan to travel North America beginning in November of this year.  We are total newbies to RV'ing but I have owned and driven Renegade Toterhomes with 48 ft. lift gate trailers for the last 10 years, so the driving part should not be a problem.  Everything else, however, is a different story.  Reading blogs and Guru posts has given me an appreciation of the challenges that we will face when we are on the road full time. I do feel fortunate that we purchased a Newell, as I don't think that there is a better built coach on the market, regardless of the price.

I want to say thank you in advance to those who answer our questions in the future, and hope to meet some of you in our travels.

Welcome David,

Great to have you on board. I too was a complete newbie when I bought my '03. It is quite a learning curve, but the folks here have a LOT of experience and can direct you in the right direction.

One of my biggest issues is where to park the darn thing. The Big Rigs Best Bets atlas is a good resource of large RV friendly parks.

I also travel with my two Boxers. They are not as good drivers as you would think. But they make great road companions.

Again, welcome aboard!
Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Hello David & Lengki,
Glad you are aboard with us Gurus.
We are only a couple hours apart i live in NC also.
Hope to see you guys out sometime.
Julius & Charlene

Julius & Charlene
2001 Newell #576

howdy and welcome.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Welcome aboard.

If can, try to attend the rally in Ruidoso. You might make some lifelong friends.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Welcome! There are several fulltimers here including Elaine and I....ask away.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Welcome David and Lengki. You have one of the 2020P's that I didn't have a photo of. More photos would be greatly appreciated. We will be happy to answer any questions we can.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Hi David.

We jumped right in and straight to a Newell like you! Boy have I learned a lot! Definitely don't be afraid to call Newell or post on gurus when you have an issue or question. I'm the type that I don't like to ask for help and I like to figure things out on my own. But there has been more than a time or two when a quick call to Newell or a post on gurus would have saved me hours!

Best of luck to you!

Jason 
-----------------------------
Previous owner of 2013 #1472
Previous 2003 #665 triple slide
1 wife
2 kids
Lots of stuff

A guy asking for help, what is this world coming to. Well actually, a better place. And this place is part of that better place. The kindness with which answers have been provided both here and from Newell has always impressed me. I prefer to ask here first to minimize the overhead at Newell so that when I really need them they will be there even though I spend almost no money with them.

My other mantra, gained from from the Red Green show on PBS, is "I'm a man, I can change".

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed