You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Not a good day

I'll see if I have a pic to explain it but in the meantime I'll try to explain.. The tow truck extends what looks like a "t" under the coach to where the cross piece goes to each side of the coach . On the "t" there is what looks like a small ramp that goes under the tire. They then attach another piece to the "t" that goes around the side of the tire and it has a small ramp that is tightened and slips under the back of the tire.then the t is lifted up

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Thanks, that helps a lot ! So no connection to the suspension or frame, just to the tires . I like that and should be able to request that in the future should I need to. That removes a lot of the fear of being towed, at least for me.

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

(12-09-2015, 02:50 PM)RussWhite Wrote:  Thanks, that helps a lot !   So no connection to the suspension or frame, just to the tires .   I like that and should be able to request that in the future should I need to.   That removes a lot of the fear of being towed, at least for me.

Did they disconnect the drive shaft?

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Yes it was disconnected.. I believe it took 3 minutes.. Took it off at the drive axle and slipped it off the slip joint at the tranny

Marc Newman

Marc, would it be possible to just run the generator and the 120 volt compressor rather than running an air hose from the tow truck all the way to the air connector at the rear of the coach?

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Yes the first time it was towed that's how we did it..ran the engine. This time the issue was overheating. So we couldn't run the engine

Marc Newman

This is very good information. I am going to print this photo to carry in the coach.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Update, preliminary estimate and damage, the fan blades flew off after the hub broke causing severe damage.. New radiator ,charge air cooler, mounts ,fan and assembly re weld mounting bracket new haydraulic coupler , right now it is a huge number. But the damage the fan did when it came off is covered by insurance.. They agreed to pay and now they are just waiting for the sign off on the amount..

Marc Newman

Marc,
The new fan & hub should be the itty bitty number.

It is plus the deductible.. Total bill is nearing 15k

Marc Newman