You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

where do they go?

Richard,
Unfortunately no closet on either side.  On the forward side of the rear pocket door is the bedroom wall with no breaks in it.  On the other side of the pocket door is the wall in the bath.  The only possibility I see is a mirror that covers the chase that the pocket door cylinder is mounted in.  

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

My '98 had the mid bath but the pocket door solenoids were above the medicine cabinet in the toilet room. There was a carpeted panel that hid it. I used to keep a screwdriver and small crescent wrench in the bedroom in case the pocket door wouldn't open so I could release the air pressure to open it. Tell that to Suzy and maybe she'll let you close that door Smile

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I don't think that removing the mirror will give you access to the solenoids. I have removed one of the mirrors by using carb cleaner to release the glue. Under the mirror are screws that hold the panel in place. But that only gives access to the cylinder and the slide adjustments for the door.

If you could use a small inspection mirror or fiberscope (good reason to buy one!) you might get a clue by following the lines out of the pneumatic door cylinder.

Another clue could be to follow the wiring out of the electrical switches for the door.

Forrest may be on to something, in that it is hidden behind a panel somewhere in the bathroom. The big question being which panel.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Newells seem to be pretty good about having access to things that may need repair or replacing.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337