You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Hello to all! I am soooo glad that i have found u guys and i figured it was time to introduce myself. Me and the wife bought our first Newell last October. Wasnt really looking for a coach but ran across a deal on this one that i couldnt pass up. I have learned so much about the coach from this site. Im still working on finding the coach #. Im sure i will have alot more question as time goes on. Thanks Aaron

1988 Newell 40' 8v92

Welcome Aaron! Post some pictures of your coach when you have time. You have found a great site full of folks who would willingly give you the proverbial shirts off their collective backs.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Aaron, good to see another 'Classic' owner on the forum! Lot's of great advice to be found here. Great group of people.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Aaron, welcome aboard. The folks on this site have provided me invaluable assistance for what seems like forever. I cannot think of a more respectful and helpful group on the web. And this group has enormous tolerance for seeming "dumb" questions. Ask away friend.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

(01-05-2016, 09:02 PM)Magness09 Wrote:  Hello to all! I am soooo glad that i have found u guys and i figured it was time to introduce myself. Me and the wife bought our first Newell last October. Wasnt really looking for a coach but ran across a deal on this one that i couldnt pass up. I have learned so much about the coach from this site. Im still working on finding the coach #. Im sure i will have alot more question as time goes on. Thanks Aaron

Welcome Aaron.  

There appear to have been 25 coaches built in the 1988 model year.  The last three digits of the VIN is the sequence number (001-025).   I am still trying to get enough data to definitively be able to convert pre-1990 models year and sequence numbers to coach numbers but I have data that is conflicting and I don't have enough data points to have a reasonable level of confidence.  At this point it appears that the coach numbers for 1988 ran from 158-182.  There are typically coach build numbers on the rear of the panels over the windows covering the lights and numbers at times on the inside of the engine compartment doors.  The Newell floorplans typically have the Coach Number on them as well as the VIN.  Good luck in finding your coach number.  If we can help, let us know.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Aaron, if your 1988 has a VIN ending in 009, you are likely looking for the hand written number 166 on your coach. If you find that, or a similar number please let me know so we can confirm one more coach.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Yes my vin ends in 009. I havent had time to go look for the coach # above the cove light. Also do you know if the cove lights are 12v or 110v. Some of them dont work and i would like to replace the with something else. Thanks

1988 Newell 40' 8v92

(01-07-2016, 12:16 PM)Magness0 Wrote:  Also do you know if the cove lights are 12v or 110v. Some of them dont work and i would like to replace the with something else. Thanks

Your cove lights are 12v, many of us have replaced them with LED strips. Check this post - http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=714

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Here is a picture of my coach

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1988 Newell 40' 8v92

Thank you!!

Very attractive coach.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com