You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What is it???

Steve, I do not have this valve in either the right or left compartment. Where else could it more than likely be? My compressor is in the gen. compartment. I will have a look in the gen. compartment.

Not in the gen compartment either.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Chappell,
If you have a hydraulic genset cylinder you won't have this setup. Probably don't have my set up unless you have the 3 gallon air tank in the R-1 compartment. If you do have the 3 gallon tank, then I wouldn't know where yours might be.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I do not have a tank in R-1.  One less thing to worry about.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

"The 1/4" air line off the regulator is indeed the feed line for the air open/close valve for the genset."

This statement has been found not to be true.  I blew some air through the pressure switch air line & it registered on a pressure gauge on the genset in/out valve air line.  In reality it registered on the pressure gauge as it went back to the distribution block and then out through the genset in/out air line.

I've attached a schematic that shows that the lines from the pressure switch & the genset in/out valve are not directly connected, but are both fed through the front "Blue circuit" distribution block.  On my coach this block is located under the left front valance above the front HWH six pack.  Note:  If you do not have a 3 gallon tank in R-1, then the bottom outlet on the distribution block would be plugged.

Very difficult to photo the distribution block, but here is one from the left side and one from the right side.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

FWIW: On my 93 coach with an air distribution block in the same location, I have one black line that I believe goes to the dash "supply" gauge and one black line that does to the air horn valve. I also had one line going to the solenoid valve for the vacuum pump for the dash HVAC controls - I replaced this pump with an electrical one that looks identical to the black pump shown at the edge of your photo, the electrical pump works far better than the air powered one.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

I have chased an air leak from the back of the coach to the front.  I isolated the leak to a line on the Blue circuit" distribution block under the left front valance.  One by one I have eliminated the following circuits which have no leaks:
110V compressor pressure switch
Genset in/out valve & cylinder
"Supply" dash gauge
3 gallon air tank in R-1

There is only one air line that I now have not positively identified and that is the 1/4" black air line that connects on the upper front of the distribution block.  Of course this is the air line that is leaking.  It is impossible to follow the air lines in front as they disappear as a large group.  I have disconnected lines where I thought it might go & blown air through, but no go.  The air line does not go to the air horn.

I'm out of ideas currently.  Does anyone have any ideas of what runs off 120 psi air pressure in the front of the coach that I have not eliminated?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

@rheavn, Cap it off and see what doesn't work.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

I am sure you have already checked the air seat, mine was leaking at the lumbar controls.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I have the same idea as Micheal. Seat, notorious for leaking air.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I don't know why I forget the air seat. Another mental block. Gives me somewhere to look

THANKS A BUNCH........................................................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531