You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tire blows, takes out airbags and HCV, what to do?

Richard I understand that from your post my question is if the tire was damaged and only one is needed is that acceptable on a dual tire set up due to the differant diameter from wear.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

If you've read the book The Martian or seen the movie then you will understand why after I described Richards latest breakdown/fix story my wife said "that just about proves that Richard is a Martian". He continues to amaze.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

MacGyver.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Doug,

Sorry, I misunderstood your question. With the tire only having about 20k on it, the tread wear was minimal. If I had not been concerned about a potential overload, I would not have replaced the other tire. I have never seen any guidelines that would allow one to quantify an acceptable difference in diameter in dual tires on the same side. So it's a judgement call............

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard.

Thank you. Glad it all worked out for you.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Always good to hear resourcefulness paying off.
Carrying the blocks is a good idea.
I am trying to carry enough supplies so that I won't have to pay a tow bill for a simple repair.
- I have an air dryer blow off valve repair kit, air fittings, air line, nuts, bolts, screws, hose clamps, wire, plumbing parts etc.

It is a struggle for me to not fill the storage bays with too many parts tho . . . . . :^)

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740