You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

AQUAHOT DIESEL SWITCH

Hi, I am a new owner of a 1998 Newell. I am not familiar with Aquahot systems. When I put the aquahot in the diesel position, I hear it start the red light comes on, but after 15 minutes or so the light goes out. If I don't do anything else the temp will gradually go down and last night i noticed it had decreased to 138. I turned on the electric switch and it works just fine and stays within the parameters it is supposed to. Thanks for your help

1998 Newell  coach 472
John and Pat Hilditch

Hildjo,

First, you might want to add a name to your signature block. A lot of us also add our coach vintage. (It helps to understand the vintage of your coach for advice).

About the Aquahot, Rudy -- @"Trainer" is our resident expert.

To me it sounds as if you have a sensor or a burner problem. Can you say for sure when annual maintenance was last performed? If not, I would start with that. It involves taking the burner off, and replacing the diesel spray nozzle, and replacing the diesel filter along with some inspection and soot cleaning. Inside the burner is a sensor that detects if the burner is getting lit. It will shut everything down if it cannot light the fuel.

If the burner starts every time when you turn it on... (Not just the whiring noise, but actual firing up -- check exhaust) but then dies, it seems as if the temperature sensor is not telling the unit it needs to start. If this is the case, I would contact Rudy, and see what he recommends.

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

hidjo,

The light going out inside indicates a firing issue with the diesel burner. If it has not been serviced lately or has been sitting waiting to sell for a while, Annual Service usually fixes it up fine.

Having said that, there are several components that could fail which would affect the firing sequence. Some in-expensive and some expensive. But servicing the burner diagnoses those issues.

Where are you located?

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area