You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Cutting down the salon table

for some reason, the counter on the small table behind the passenger seat had a huge overhang on the front towards the passenger seat.  it makes the seat hard to turn around and the seat hits it.  

so....figured i would cut it down.  there is a corian fabricator very near to our place here in the boonies so he is cutting it down in place.  (we couldnt get it off without breaking it).

thought it would be easy and it is triple edged and looked solid.  ends up to save a pound or two, there is a hollow section that happens to be right where i needed a solid edge.  

so, he is going to fill it in with pieces of what he cut off and then bull nose the edge to match the others.  

i tented off the area, but it still made a real mess....

he will come back on thursday to finish it.  

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

That doesn't surprise me. Every time I get into something like that, it is a bigger deal than I expected. Fortunately you have someone that knows what they are doing handling it so it should turn out great.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Nice, you are braver than I am!

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Worst case is I have a whole new top made

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH