You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Black Hills Mini Rally Points of Interest

Reminds me of a quote I heard years ago......"Wyoming, where the men are men, and the sheep are nervous"

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

or where the men are men and so are the women?

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Guys as you begin to think about potential RV projects while in Spearfish next summer I wanted you to know that my brother-in-law has a great place we can use if anyone requires it. He lives just down the road about 3 miles right at the mouth of Spearfish Canyon. He has a large detached garage with half of it devoted to a very nice wood shop with all the bells and whistles. Plenty of room for other projects as well if the weather is not condusive to working outside as well. He is a very handy guy and loves this sort of stuff.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Very nice offer Todd.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Just got a message from JohnC that Newell Coach has reserved a spot at Spearfish!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Wow! Awesome news. This is gonna be our best mini-rally yet.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

That is REALLY good news to hear that Newell wants to be a part of us! I read where Karl has recognized that the desire for their "rallys" has changed.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

i have heard the newell rallys are incredible.

the get together we are having in spearfish i hope will be like the ones we did in austin and creede. very informal with a few organized activities but lots of hanging out time. where it was like a family getting together and visiting, eating, telling stories, going out and about etc. and doing tours of each others coaches as well as impromptu tech sessions on someones coach or such. bring your woodworking tools cause the way things are going i probably wont have my bedroom 100% done yet....

my only advice would be to keep it simple like we have before. i think we had potluck dinners almost every night for those that wanted to attend.

i am still really excited about doing a group project to put bright flame art down both sides of steve and suzy's coach. i think that will add some real pizazz to their paint job. and i know steve m wants another slide so richard, bring your sawzall.

later

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I totally agree on the KISS approach to the rally, but the bright flame art, not so much........................... Suzy & I look forward to meeting every one!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I'll see Steve M later today and be sure to mention that to him!
Hey, if he's brave enough to cut holes in his roof........

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337