You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Anyone know this coach?

Thanks Reese & Michael for the response, Reese I thought it sold also. I am new to the RV world so maybe you can answer some questions. I was wondering how much it would cost to replace the two recliners and add a sofa bed or even remove the desk and chair on the passenger side and replace with a sofa bed for quests. Also how much would it cost to install new carpet, is that something that can only be done at the factory?
Thanks have a good night
Dan

others will weigh in but there is a huge difference between having things like you are asking done at the newell plant and either yourself or at locally.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Dan,
You can have the coach remodeled at Newell or Motorhomes of Texas, and there are other service centers as well.  You might find that Motorhomes of Texas would be less expensive than Newell.  The hourly rate at Newell is $115.00.  The carpet needs to be replaced.  When we looked at the coach, we considered putting a love seat where the 2 lounge chairs are and replacing the desk with a J sofa with an air mattress.  We talked with Motorhomes about those ideas and they felt it would be easy to accomplish.  As far as pricing goes,  I think the project could run anywhere from $75,000 to $100,000.  The flooring could be the largest expenditure.
Reese

We have had our up-grades & renovation done at Newell because I have not only the time to do it myself, but also lack the the level of skill to have it done at "Newell" quality levels. We have been very satisfied with the work done at Newell.

thanks for the reply and all the help. Reese I called the dealer about coach number 804 you looked at, the dealer replaced the carpet. Newell said it would cost up to $10,000.00 to add a Villa Sofa sleeper, can you tell me anything more about your inspection of the Coach. Any major issue mechanically, interior or exterior. Thanks for all the info, I live in MN so I'm trying to get all the info I can before I take a trip down to Texas....
Thanks Dan

Dan,
There is a member of this board who is more knowledgeable about Newell Coaches than I am and his name is Chappell Jordan.  He lives in Nacogdoches and has inspected coaches at Motorhomes of Texas for a number of prospective buyers. I would send him a message and see if he could look at 804. His judgement would be better.
I thought that the exterior looked good for a ten year old coach and the ride, handling and noise level while driving was the best that I had experienced. It was a very pleasant and impressive test drive. Plenty of storage space inside the coach especially in the bedroom. My wife liked the counter space in the galley. I believe that the tires and batteries are relatively new.

The negatives of the coach are:  1 commode.  (There are 2 separate doors to enter and the commode is mid-coach located, an asset.)  The salon needs remodeling, needs new furniture, flooring.

If we had made an offer on this coach, it would have been in the vicinity of $365000 and $375000.  The last figure would have been our walk-away price.  We budgeted between $100,000 to $125,000 for remodeling, kind of high.  If you can live with the interior, especially the salon, this is a good buy.

Reese

Thanks Reese, I did email the salesman the tires and Batteries are new. I will try and reach out to Chappel..

Dan,
I would contact Jason Haskins, General/Sales Manager for Motorhomes of Texas. He has used this coach and can provide information on the comfort. Jason would be an excellent source to talk to regarding this coach.
This Newell is quieter than our 08.

Reese

Reese
I talked to Jason today, very nice guy. We discussed coach 804, it did sell in March but after the new owners used it for a month they decided they wanted two toilets. He said he purchased the coach in Canada, after he said that I was thinking about winters and salt roads like here in Minnesota. He said him and his wife used it a few times and Liked it.. lots to think about...
Dan

Dan,
Glad you contacted Jason.Between Jason and Chappell you should have a good over view of 804.

Reese