You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aquahot plenum 12v blower motor

steve, did the volvo fan motor work?

and does the plenum supply air to the grill under the kitchen counter besides the one up front?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom:
The Volvo fan motor wouldn't work, it was the same diameter but the shafts were too short.
The front fan on mine blows along the curb side wall behind the passenger seat. Under the counter is a separate heat exchanger and fan. The plenum box is shaped different than the front plenum. The fan may be a pancake design.
Thanks,

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Tom,
My plenum box has four hoses attached. Two go to the salon vent under the credenza. The other two go to my defroster vents. On yours I think you have two going to the salon, one going to a box next to the driver's feet and one going next to the passenger's feet. The best price I got on the blower motor was a quote on a Fasco motor(American) from the guy who does my alternator work. He does all kinds of motors and could get the same motor for around $100.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

i have a single vent under the salon credenza, a single vent under the kitchen counter, a box that appears to have its own fan (i need to check) by the passenger seat ankle and the drivers seat ankle. there is a rocker switch where i can turn those off independently.

the plenum is easy to get at as it is in the bay in front of the entry door. i will have to look to see if there is another plenum.

tom

a question for those that have taken the plenum out. i went in the bay and took the 4 hoses off the plenum. it looks like it is just mounted with 2 screws on each side to the wooden box in the center of the bay. now for the question. is the bottom of the plenum totally open and is their an air chase below it so that it has a source for air for the blower fan? i didnt take the whole unit out as it was getting dark.

i expected to see an intake air hose but there is none. so i assume the bottom must be open. i couldnt really tell from the pictures russ posted since the unit was all apart.

i want to fix it that it only has one speed.

tom

As I recall mine pulled intake air from my basement airs and from the same area that air for those units is pulled. In my case, through filters located between steps on my mid-entry. My four hoses were all ouputs with two going to the heat exchanger under the credenza and the other two hoses going to the dash, one on each side for driver and passenger.
I guess I would make sure all is well with the two speed switch before going to the trouble of removing the plenum. Once the plenum is removed no matter what I found, even if it was just a broken wire or bad connection, I would replace the fan motor based on experience of other Newell owners. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

i bought a motor that i think is going to work. steve b and steve m did all the homework on it. i got it for 47 bucks delivered from amazon.

will see if i can install it later this week.

tom

Tom,
Just curious if you have had time to try that plenum motor?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

i got the motor from amazon. VDO PM393 Blower Motor
Sold by Amazon.com $42.62

it ended up being a little more work than i expected but i got it done today. the motor fit and works fine. i hooked up the low and high speeds. i put quick disconnects on it so i could change easily to any speed configuration.

i took the unit entirely out of the coach. to get at the motor i had to drill out 20 or so rivets that held the plastic cover to the aluminum shroud. that way i had easy access to it.

the fans had a compression clip on them instead of a set screw.

so i put it in and then re riveted the whole thing back together. then i sealed it up with hvac aluminum tape, primered and then painted it flat black. put it in and all was well.

pictures are below

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

more pictures

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)