You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide leak fixed or who is Squire Wipple?

Gurus,

Well the water leak fix did NOT work ... or it did not fix all the problems.  We got a heavy wet snow in Auburn, Alabama and after the roads cleared, I was able to check on the coach.  At first it seemed that the leak fix worked, but as I looked more closely, I could tell water had gotten in the coach.  Then I happened to look at the ceiling of the slide.  It had a bulge under the vinyl where water had pooled.  I poked a small hole in the vinyl and let almost a gallon of water out.  The material resumed its original shape with no apparent harm done.  Oh well.

When Richard and I were working on the slide we noticed that the slide seal had one section that appeared to be slightly smaller than the rest of the seal.  Our plan was to a water test, but we ran out of time and did not accomplish that.

So, I got on ladder and got ready to do a leak test when I realized that the entire slide seal is about to fail.   See attached pictures of the slide seal on top of my number one slide.

The bottom and sides of all my seals are in great shape.  Nice flexible rubber with no obvious signs of degradation.

To recap the current situation.
1).  The slide is much stronger with very little flex in the middle.  The support hook engages every time I extend slide.
2).  There is no obvious light visible under the seal, but...
3).  The water leak is still here.

My plan is to go to Newel and get them to replace the slide seal.  I will ask them to do a water test with the valance removed and see if we can learn where the water is coming from.   I suspect that the seal has failed in such a way as to let water get past.

I am encouraged that we have found and fixed real problems.  Obviously, I am discouraged about the fact that the leak is still here.

Cheers,
bill

ps.  Do yourself a favor and inspect your slide seals...not just the sides and bottom, but also the top.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Messages In This Thread
Slide leak fixed or who is Squire Wipple? - by bikestuff - 01-14-2018, 07:03 PM
RE: Slide leak fixed or who is Squire Wipple? - by Richard - 01-15-2018, 06:29 AM
RE: Slide leak fixed or who is Squire Wipple? - by folivier - 01-15-2018, 09:48 AM
RE: Slide leak fixed or who is Squire Wipple? - by pestes - 01-15-2018, 05:17 PM
RE: Slide leak fixed or who is Squire Wipple? - by bikestuff - 01-16-2018, 10:19 AM
RE: Slide leak fixed or who is Squire Wipple? - by Richard - 01-16-2018, 11:09 AM
RE: Slide leak fixed or who is Squire Wipple? - by bikestuff - 01-23-2018, 09:01 AM
RE: Slide leak fixed or who is Squire Wipple? - by folivier - 01-23-2018, 09:22 AM
RE: Slide leak fixed or who is Squire Wipple? - by rheavn - 01-23-2018, 10:01 AM
RE: Slide leak fixed or who is Squire Wipple? - by bikestuff - 01-23-2018, 10:33 AM
RE: Slide leak fixed or who is Squire Wipple? - by encantotom - 01-23-2018, 11:47 AM