You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tag dragging to easy

Never say never.  Well we woke up yesterday to the coach rear end not rising after warming up the coach in Amarillo. Stopped about an hour later it was back up then another time it was low again then back up. SO called Newell to see if they could fit us in and low and behold we are currently at Newell. We may have to wait but that is ok as the cold yukie weather is being persistent in most the country especially back East  where we are heading. Getting that problem of keeping the coach up is priority right now, may see about a weighing of the coach but looking at the numbers on the specs of the coach compared to the last weighing and the temps I am consistently getting from the tires I think we are doing well.
coach specs are.
front axle 13200    actual is 11660
Drive 22000          actual
Tag 10000       combined  30080
Total 45200     actual 41740

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Brad,

Since you are at the mothership, I am reflecting on a number of different conversations that you and I have had about air leaks and air pressure. Have Newell check the output of your engine compressor. I know of two different owners who have had low ride issues and brake issues who ended up having low pressure from the engine compressor.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Ok Richard I will do that. Thanks for the suggestion.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

So how long should it take to fill all tanks from empty.
I filled in 4.5 minutes at Newell.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

i have never timed it but that sounds pretty good to me.

you are talking with the engine compressor, right?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Yes with the engine compressor.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

(04-03-2018, 10:22 AM)Brad Townsend Wrote:  Yes with the engine compressor.

Mine takes about 6 minutes from empty on both tanks

1995 # 390

Found a large leak with the pressure regulator at the 110 volt compressor. Had Newell replace it and we are done for this season at Newell.
Still loosing some but that leak was pretty big. Will stay here for the night and see how often the compressor comes on.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

It’s not how fast that is the concern. It is the pressure reached. What are the max pressures you are seeing on your gauges. If you are not hitting 120 you may need to check into it

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I always reach just over 120. I still have what seems to be the same loss of air that I had before replacing the pressure regulator. It's a mystery. The black 1/4 line that feeds the pressure regulator must go back to the governor I think. I tried to clamp that off with visegrips and still lost air. I noticed a small maybe 5/8 braided line that goes to the governor located on drivers side, maybe the same line that feeds the solinoids on the passenger side, this is in the engine compartment. I am wondering if it might have a leak. That would be my next checking place probably when I get to my final destination Maine, in a few days. What is with all this cold weather across the country?

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.