You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tag dragging to easy

Brad another area you should check would be the transmission if you haven't already. If you crawl under the coach and listen for air bubbles in the transmission pan. If you do hear that bubbling there should be a normally closed solenoid valve feeding air supply to the modular valve in transmission. If that normally closed valve is letting air thru to the modulator it needs to be replaced. The bubbling isn't very loud so it maybe hard to hear.

Just a thought Idea when I need a good ear I ask my wife to help cause she can hear my comments when I whisper it 20 feet away. Getting her to do this maybe detrimental to your health cause my wife would beat me up if I asked her to get under the coach. Just sayin!  [Image: rolleyes.gif] 

Jim

Thanks Jim, I'll put that on my list of areas to check after we get settled in at our summer location Hanover Maine.

At a travel plaza in Ohio for tonight off I-80, what a nasty road. Bang bang bang, holes, seams, gets pretty frustrating.
Indiana was probably the worst so far with holes at least 6 inches deep and up to 3 ft in dia. I am sure all the rain they received lately didn't help. Corn fields still flooded, high muddy water under every bridge.

Thought about those 5/8 bradded lines. I think the one on the drivers side connecting to the governor comes from the wet tank and the same for the hose on the passenger side connecting to the leveling solenoids.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

The manual drains (with the pull cord) on my front tanks were leaking. I replaced those & it made a big difference in how long the coach held air.

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

Have checked all drain plugs. I still had about 60 lbs this am after all night. That's surprising.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

That's great!!

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

So we have arrived safely with cooler temps and a bit of snow here and there. 17 degrees this am but we have great power at our site so the electric is running. We have free hookups for the season. The air is back down to zero so the leak is still there. Will give me something to do when it gets warmer. Meanwhile contemplating never again driving through Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania again with the coach. Those are the worst roads this trip and the Newell survived but I almost didn't wondering if it would. Sure there are some nice sections but the bad are real bad and I don't want to put the Newell through that again. Brakes have been working great not using the ant sway/weight distribution hitch and the tires kept within a constant 10 degrees with the tag tire being the 10 degrees cooler, front and drive within a few degrees of each other and the trailer always within a couple degrees of each other. Don't think I could ask for better. Thanks to all who had some input, this is a great place to hash things out.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Say Brad I made notice of you saying you were summering in Hanover, Maine and was wondering if you were at a RV park or not. My home town is Rumford and my wife and I was considering possibly heading up that way in July after leaving Washington DC. If you know of a nice spot in the area that I could sick my 45er into please let me know. Maybe we could get together for a visit if we do manage to go up.

Chris and Randee
#521 45'8"
1999 2 slide

Hi Chris. We are located at Stony Brook recreation area. They have RV sites over 100 ft long. Good power and water and cable. We workamp here for our site. Pretty laid back, nice little store with pizza, burgers etc. Sites are in the open which I like, no sap from trees. Roads and sit are gravel. This is our second year here and love it. This is a nice place to be in the summer.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Thanks for the heads up on the location we are coming out of California and if we make it all the way up home by mid summer I'll get a hold of you.

Chris and Randee
#521 45'8"
1999 2 slide

Ok Chris. Careful on the roads they are real bad through Indiana, Ohio and Pennsylvania. Sure there are good sections but the bad are real bad and for quite a ways.
Wish they had an app for roads like Gas Buddy there could be Road Buddy where folks report in as they travel.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.