You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Calcium, minerals, etc. stopping up faucets, etc.

Bob,

This is just my .02. If I were just trying to clear the debris in the washer, I would either disconnect the washer supply lines at the manifold or shut the rest of the coach off at the manifold so that I could circulate vinegar in the washer lines only. If you used the manifold, you could valve out everything and every tank, then disconnect the inlet to the 12v water pump and use the inlet hose as a pickup tube for the vinegar bottles.

Vinegar is acetic acid which will dissolve calcium.

It may have some unintended consequences. First, it may break even sediment loose from the lines. So you may end up removing the washer anyhoo to get to the valve. Second, rinse, rinse, rinse the washing machine afterwards to prevent any rusting.

I personally would not put any substance in my tanks or lines that could impart a lingering taste to the drinking water. That is why I advocate isolating everything but the washer.

Also, Rudy can tell you more, but a big source of sediment is deposits that form in the aquahot and break loose to circulate. I have seen a procedure where the AH is flushed with vinegar to remove the sediment inside the heating coil.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Subaru Outback Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

please keep in mind that those old shutoff valves in the water bay that go to the different areas of the coach are the old kind that have packing in the valve. they have been sitting open for many years and very often when you close them, they will start leaking.

i bought similar valves and use the guts to replace them when they are leaking.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

How do I get in touch with Rudy?

Bob & Peg Standeford
1999 Newell #516 Series 60 DD 2 Slides
2004 Saturn Wagon

Bob,

Here I am plus call me at 7 one 3. 8 one 8 3234

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Thanks Rudy,
What I need is instruction on draining and cleaning out the water holding part of the Aqua Hot on my 1999 Newell. Later I'll need some parts such as bearings, etc. we'll talk about that later.

Bob & Peg Standeford
2004 Saturn Wagon

(04-02-2018, 08:32 AM)encantotom Wrote:  please keep in mind that those old shutoff valves in the water bay that go to the different areas of the coach are the old kind that have packing in the valve.  they have been sitting open for many years and very often when you close them, they will start leaking.  

i bought similar valves and use the guts to replace them when they are leaking.  

tom

Hi Tom,

Can you tell me which valve guts can be used to refurbish the PEX manifold valves?    All my valves are open except the dishwasher, which was not used for years.   In resurrecting the unit, I tried to work the valve loose and twisted off the nylon shaft.

Thanks!
Chuck

2001 #579 ("Chester's Coach")

Here you go. I don't remember if I found them at Lowes or HD. Since removing the panel is necessary to access the nut on the valve, it makes sense to do them all while you have access.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Subaru Outback Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Here is the Brasscraft link.  I remember using a mail order company in Florida but can't find that link.....Grrr

https://www.brasscraft.com/products/wate...urn-stops/

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

https://www.homedepot.com/p/BrassCraft-M.../204845385

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I need to give you guys an update. I tried different things. I tried to back flush with air, that helped on some. next I put 4 gallon of white vinegar in the empty water tank. I opened each outlet till I smelled the vinegar, then stopped and go to the next. I did the same with the hot side. I left it in the lines for about 30 hours. Next I ordered an On The Go water softener. the bigger one. Since my 120V water pump didn't work I had removed it, so I had room for the softener. I just hooked the water hose to the softener and dump that water into the top tank fill. The heater seems to heat the water faster now. The washing machine has stopped filling on it's own each night. So far no problems, and the wife is happy. Thanks one and all for your help.

Bob & Peg Standeford
2004 Saturn Wagon