You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Water pressure issue

(01-30-2013, 04:14 PM)rheavn Wrote:  Phil,
I have a similar problem that I haven't addressed yet. I have suspected the hose. Are the hoses available at Lowes or Home Depot? Or is it a Grohe item?

Thanks in advance......................

Steve

Having had the problem that any plumbing issue takes a minimum of three trips to Home Depot, I ordered the Grohe hose from Amazon.com

Phil

Phil,
Thanks!!!!! I took my handle apart & found a small piece of plastic blocking the hole on the spout. Sink faucet now has good pressure. I think the hose might be starting to deteriorate, so I think I'll replace it.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Phil,
I noticed that our faucets have a limited lifetime warranty. I think I'll call Grohe and see how limited. I know when I needed a part a few years ago they just sent it to me.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

For any one who has a Grohe LadyLux kitchen faucet and needs to replace the flexible sprayer hose, the part number is 46 092 000. Prices range from $101 to $46. Persons who have tried a universal hose, say don't do it. Get the genuine Grohe hose the first time.

Phil,
In reading from others who have replaced this hose it sounds like the connection under the sink is a "quick disconnect". Is this correct? Any tips on the installation?

Thanks in advance..........................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

(02-03-2013, 08:14 AM)rheavn Wrote:  For any one who has a Grohe LadyLux kitchen faucet and needs to replace the flexible sprayer hose, the part number is 46 092 000. Prices range from $101 to $46. Persons who have tried a universal hose, say don't do it. Get the genuine Grohe hose the first time.

Phil,
In reading from others who have replaced this hose it sounds like the connection under the sink is a "quick disconnect". Is this correct? Any tips on the installation?

Thanks in advance..........................

The Grohe hose from Amazon was $53 with free two day shipping. My sink did not have the quick disconnect and required two wrenches in a very confined space. I did not opt to add the quick disconnect, another $26 from Amazon.

Phil

My day started with a call to Grohe. I told them that I thought the flexible sprayer hose was starting to delaminate and come apart as I had found small pieces of clear plastic in the handsprayer. Grohe's position is that the hose is only bad when it is leaking and nothing else in the faucet would give off plastic chunks. Hard to argue with that. So I mentioned to her that I wanted to replace the strainer/areator and that my research showed that the part had been discontinued. She verified that the part had been discontinued, but that she would send me a whole new handsprayer. Not bad service for a 14 year old faucet. She didn't even ask me for a receipt. For others be advised that all Grohe faucets manufactured after 1997 come with a limited lifetime warranty.

While Grohe doesn't feel a hose is bad until it is leaking, I'm not going to chance flooding my coach when it finally bursts. I ordered a new sprayer hose from Amazon--the price had come down to $46.05.

The next thing needs to be filed under "no two Newells are the same". Phil Horton had just changed his hose & said it took two wrenches to work in a very tight spot. Armed with two 13mm wrenches to remove the sprayer hose, I got under the sink and mine has a quick disconnect. Had it off in seconds. Now waiting for the new hose and handsprayer.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve brings up an interesting point; if the hose fails he could flood his coach with waterAngry

How many of you turn off the MAIN water pump when storing your coach? I know that I don'tHuh

I think that I will start turning the water pump off. I turn off the Aqua Hot, the in motion satellite, the TV, and the DirecTV receiver why not turn off the main water supply. Nobody is in the coach to use water so why leave it on!

Thanks Steve - another good post!

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

I do. I just switch pump when needed. But remember to turn the Icemaker OFF.

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

I hope this is not too confusing.

A Grohe pull out faucet has a brass fitting that is in the hose that can plug up. There is a hose inside the outer decorative hose. It doesn’t matter if you clean the head screens because this fitting is in the hose that detaches from the head. The illustration attached will show the fitting I am talking about see diagram #8 the fitting is part W that you need to clean. It will pull out of the hose with a pocket screw driver pull the brass fitting out clean it push it back in to the hose and screw hose back to the handle. When you pull the hose out to disassemble the handle from the hose it will try to pull it back into the stem it pulled out of. I tape it to the stem so it doesn’t pull it back in to the stem.

http://www.faucetdirect.com/mediaBase/sp...pdf#page=3

jim,

great info, thanks!

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH