You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

120v air compressor usage times
i did a very un scientific analysis on how much my 120v compressor is used.  

i have been sitting in the same place for nearly 4 months.  

on april 7 i decided to take a picture of my compressor hour meter.  i did the same thing today on july 23rd.  107 days

on july 23, it was 1870.3 hours

on april 7  it was 1798.8 hours

so has run 71.5 hours

107 days        and runs for about 5 minutes each time    so 71.5x60/5=  858 times  but to be honest i have not really timed how long it runs.  if it was 4 minutes it would have been 10 times a day.   

858/107= 8 times a day

so every 3 hours or every 2.4 hours    or something like that it runs for

i have 2 air power toilets, a bode air entrance door, two interior air pocket doors, a bay fridge on air slide.....all of which we use.  the doors get opened and closed alot.  toilets get flushed alot.  etc.  plus i dump the sewer tank every 3-4 days.  leveling system is not in autolevel.  

in that 107 days we have been gone from the coach for 3 days once, 2 days once, and a few all day times.   we are gone from 7am to 1pm everyday.    and i did try using the 12v compressor only for a couple of days......so throw all that in your calculating minds.  none of which i included in my calculations.  

so like i said, not very controlled 

for your reading pleasure

tom
2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,
That sounds like you have a really tight system given what you operate during the day.  I have timed the 120v compressor cycling on our coach at 3:35 per cycle.  The coach is in Auto Level with no other air system items being operated during that time frame.

Steve
Steve & Doris Denton
45' Newell #525, Bath & Half
2014 Honda CRV Toad
while spending alot of time in the shop lately, i had my coach on the 120v compressor.

i timed it and it comes on every 4.5 hours without using the airdoor.

tom
2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH