You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Firefly Oasis Battery – Carbon foam AGM
Steve,

So glad you investigated the warrantee in detail. I now know why they have been targeting only the marine industry. Hoping for a cool bilge to keep the battery cool

Wow what an absurd operating parameter.
I'm sitting here in Fort Lauderdale its 4 PM and the outside temperature is 78 degrees F. The Storage compartment temp is now at 95 degrees and the battery compartment is reading 82 at the top and 81 at the bottom with no real load being on the batteries over the last month and the compartment door out of the sun for the last 7 hours.

Road Temp in Phoenix AZ during the summer is 160 for asphalt and 150 for concrete.
Just what would constitute a "prolonged period" and how are they figuring out its exposure time?

Those Battle Born are looking much better.

Regards,

Mike
2008 Newell #1223 4 slide, Cat C15 with ZF 12 spd, 2004 Chevy Silverado 4x4 Duramax 6.6İmage Toad for fishing. 
i was considering the battleborns for my 02. then a couple of gurus talked to me and asked me why i wanted them. i dont hardly dry camp, so why spend the money.

so i ask you guys.....why get them?

i did put in agm's but moreso because i got a good deal on them and i like sealed batteries.

tom
2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

There is a super huge reason to get the Lithium’s (especially if your batteries need replacing). They are about 1/10 the weight of the AGM batteries. I gotta believe that hauling all that weight is bad for handling / fuel economy, etc.

My battleborn’s have been completely trouble free. With that said, I still worry about them. (They have the potential to suck your alternator off of the engine due to potentially high current draws during recharging).

They are not cheap, but seem to be really well done.

Bill
Bill Johnson
2003 Newell #653 Quad Slide Cat C-12 engine with Motorcycle lift 
2011 Jeep Wrangler, 2018 BMW 1200GS Adventure Motorcycle
Auburn, Alabama
2400 for 6 agm's vs 6000 for battleborns is a pretty big difference.

i dont have an issue with weight in my coach so i will live with spending the spare 3600 on other toys

tom
2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH