You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Pilot Flying J RV Plus Card

I used to be a loyal Flying J customer. No longer.....

The transition when the bankrupt Flying J was taken over by Pilot was anything but smooth. My summer experience was a disaster trying to deal with the changes. At one Pilot location they took my RV card from my daughter who had gone inside to pay. When I heard about that I was furious and it was retrieved from the trash can and given back to me. Like Tom, I happen not to be interested in a charge card. I try to keep things simple and not have a wallet full of cards. It was next to impossible to get the cash price to display at the truck pumps. It took two trips inside and the manager in addition to my cash to make the purchase and get the cash price displayed. I wish I had videoed that transaction as it was unbelievable what they went through. All this may be part of the transition, but I am not impressed. I tried to express my disappointment via email, but none of the email addresses they had links to on their web site worked. Finally I broke down and called the Knoxville office. The email address I was given did not work either. I am sure I still have all the bounced bad emails.
Also, the charge card that has been referenced in this thread is not free. You are required to purchase a membership in Good Sam. It is automatically added to your first bill.
And, it looks like the FBI is not very happy with them either as they have "secured" their corporate office in Knoxville as part of an investigation into illegal business practices.
I hope someone steps in to provide high volume RV customers another choice of suppliers. Just my opinion and experience. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Russ,

Well said. Thanks for sharing. I have had similar experiences. I agree with your thoughts...it seems as if someone would *want* our RV business.

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

[quote='bikestuff' pid='5813' dateline='1367086526']
Russ,

I also live in Jefferson City, TN and have been using the Pilot C stores for all of my local gas for cars. The 6 cent discount is much appreciated for using the Good Sam rv plus card. I have belong to Good Sam for 14 years and they provide a great service to the RV public. I don't know what going on with the FBI investigation of Pilot but I do think the owners, the Haslam family are good people and Bill is our governor. We wonder why the Feds waited so long to do this. Maybe because the Haslams are republican and TN votes republican? Why did the fed attack Gibson Guitar in Nashville? Where was the Government when Nashville flooded? I hope it's not political but could be!

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

I did not bring up politics and will not respond to this. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Have just received an e mail from Flying J saying that there had been some "changes" but wanted to assure me that RV Flying J cards are good to go

See Below

Since you are a valued RV Plus cardholder, we wanted to be the first to tell you that your RV Plus card is not going anywhere! With some recent changes to our different loyalty programs there has been some confusion over which cards were going to remain active. But don’t worry, your RV Plus card is still the easiest and most convenient way to fill up while also offering great discounts!

You’ll continue to receive the same great discounts listed below when you use your RV Plus card:

header_rvchargecard

Good Sam Member Life Member Elite Member
Gas Save $0.04/gallon
Save $0.06/gallon
Save $0.07/gallon

Diesel Save $0.06/gallon
Save $0.08/gallon
Save $0.09/gallon

Propane Save $0.10/gallon
Save $0.10/gallon Save $0.10/gallon
RV Dump Only $5
Only $5
Only $5

Haven’t used your card in a while? We’ve upgraded a few things:

Payment Options:

Pay online – Simply log on to the RV Plus card website, enter your payment information and hit submit!
Mail us a check – Simply write us a check for the full amount due and send it to:

US Dollar Payments
RV Plus Card
PO Box 151044
Ogden, UT 84415
CAN Payments
PTC Canada Marketing ULC
PO Box 9759 Station A
Toronto, ON M5W-1R6

Autodraft – You can set up an automatic payment once and not have to worry about paying your bill again. Don’t worry, we’ll still send you a statement each month as well as a reminder email one day before the draft takes place!
Bill Pay – If your bank offers bill pay, simply register us as a payee and they will send us a check each month on your behalf!
Instant Discounts:

Your fuel discounts for gasoline and diesel will show up immediately. Watch for the price to drop right on the pump when you swipe your RV Plus card - it will also show up on your receipt!

Control Number:

To make sure you are the only one in “control” of your card, a Control Number is required every time you use your card, at the pump and in the store. Don’t know your Control Number? Simply call in and change your Control Number to a number that is easier to remember. Make sure to have your account information available when you call in - we’ll need to verify your identity before any changes can be made to the account.

Customer Service Contact Information:

Phone: 855-478-7587
Email: [email protected]