You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2005 quad slide coach #751 for sale

Newell can do virtually anything you want done and it will be a professional, built from the factory look and quality. So if an electrical panel were to be in the way, they can move it, it just adds to the cost. If you really want a king width bed I am certain that Newell could do that also but the cabinets on the sides would have to be rebuilt. Newell has no problem with you using others to remodel or work on the coach. There are many good companies that could do interior remodeling. Obviously, the better the quality of work the better the resale value. Newell just doesn't want salvaged Newells damaging their reputation and I don't blame them for that.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

on a coach of this vintage, i would really weigh the cost of having a remodel done. if newell does it, it will be amazing and also amazingly expensive.

the kind of work you are talking about i assume it could easily be in the 20-30k or more. but i am just guessing.

i know what i spent putting in a bedroom myself. and even with friends and family helping, i got a taste for what it costs to have newell style rounded corner drawered end tables done. my bed is stronger and more robust than a newell bed and every bit as pretty. i got matching laminate for all of it.

before entertaining massive remodeling, i would keep searching for a coach that more nicely meets your requirements and do minor changes if needed. even then, i would use it for a while and make sure the changes are really what you want.

my two cents worth and i am often wrong....just ask darlene....

but sometimes all of this doesnt make any difference if you feel it is the coach ya gotta have.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Gentlemen,

Excellent points all. The search goes on. Actually I had mentally moved on otherwise I would have offered, not announced the coach.

Regards,
Bob

Bob & Dottie
Newell 1261 & Jeep Grand Cherokee fulltimers
Past Teton Reliance 45'  5th wheel
Custom Volvo VNL780 tow vehicle
2014 Smart car

Hmmm I'm very surprised that 751 is up for sale so soon? I REALLY loved this coach because of the additional living area. Just before purchasing 746 this was our next trip to Arizona but it was under contract to be sold in March 2020.

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive

Yeah, me too. Interestingly, I talked to Katy at Premium in Gilbert and she said the owner wants to consign it through them. I guess the owner has it on RVTrader and is somehow not satisfied. Hope it works out for him. For me, the hunt goes on.

Bob & Dottie
Newell 1261 & Jeep Grand Cherokee fulltimers
Past Teton Reliance 45'  5th wheel
Custom Volvo VNL780 tow vehicle
2014 Smart car

I just bought that coach.   I traded up from an older 05 Navigator 45PBQ so am looking forward to the upgrade.

I guess will be meeting a few Newell owners from now on. Will be nice to meet y'all.

Taking the winding road.

welcome to the forum. glad you got a coach that you wanted.

please let us know more about you

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Welcome to the forum. Lot’s of fantastic people here who are willing to help.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I think I must be the perfect Newell candidate owner.

1. Already been through the world of 'luxury' fibreglass RV's and lived.
2. Have owned many boats small and large. Maintained them all.
3. Currently owner and pilot of a pressurized single.

The one unifying feature of owning and maintaining all these 'toys' is that one appreciates quality more and more. The countless times I have been cursing some broken part and thinking "boy they sure could have done that better" and then realized that they didn't because it was too expensive.  In the end the high cost of maintaining these 'cheap to buy' assets exceeds any saving you might have made in their purchase.

And so the adage of "quality is remembered long after the purchase price is forgotten" has brought me here to Newell.  I like the aircraft style systems. I have the same door seals in my plane. I like the insane attention to detail. I will notice every day I drive the coach.  And I like the silence down the road which above all else, reminds me that every little thing has been designed to work in an RV.  Every rattle on my current coach reminds me of the opposite.

I am soooo looking forward to travelling this country in the 'old' Newell coach.

Taking the winding road.

Welcome and congrats on 751!! Happy motoring

home: Southern California
05 #746 quad slide 2000i, 
Steerable tag 
Detroit Diesel series 60 515 hp
Allison trans

Toad 2013 Avalanche Black Diamond edition 4 wheel drive