You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Batroom Leaking Fucet

I second Tom's suggestion. A faucet of Newell quality, in a 2001 coach, should unscrew, not be pried off.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Good Luck and much better luck than I had! OK The reason that the other side leaks is that the Hot and Cold both go to the faucet by Hoses and is connected there by a T.
Our '82 has a Washer and Seat Type. I just had to rebuild both Valves and Faucet. 1 trip to Home Depot, 1 trip to Lowes, 1 trip to a local Hardware Store, 1 trip to a Plumbing Supply and a final trip to Home Depot. Both Home Depot and Lowes did not carry Pipe Taps, the Plumbing Supply said that he "didn't have any for sale".
Anyway it works fine now with new seats, washers, packing and hoses.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Boy oh boy! that cover flange under the handle is super tight!

I even bought from H Depot strap type wrench i put down 50/50 vingar/water solution to loosen up , but no luck so far!

i spoke with guy at Delta F and they said its should be screw on type , use vingar and use wrench with tawel under, I used soft rubbermade cloth , but thsi thing wont get loose!

Got the part for the fucet , looks like standard for many delat fucets.

Now, if I can get that thing to loose, otherwise no way to get to the cardridge!!

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

I have serviced a few Delta faucets in our Rentals. When we replace I always specify Delta..I have found that Gibbs penetrate can be effective.

http://www.gibbsbrand.net/

It is different than other penetrating "oils" in that it is very thin viscosity. Squirt some into the thread area, tap the fitting a few times, and repeat every hour or so for a day before trying to loosen. If you can let it set overnight as it soaks that would be better.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Finally got it loose! i did forced tighten it bit , than went to loose it and it got loose, some scaffing on the finish ( used soft rubber cloth ) but its all good ! i put new cardridge back in and its like new!

Thanks guys for all your tips,

Looks like most of the high quality foucets are screw on type , but you just never know?

Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

hi les, was it the same cartridge as i had? please post the part number so next time someone (including steve) knows what one to get

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

cartidge Delta #RP 25513 is the one I used and spring & rubber washer they are about 14-20$ on line and in the plumbing stores
After sending image of my faucet to Delta customer service they think we have Delta , but again, no sticker or stamp with Delta logo to be found anywhere, glad thsi one worked!

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

i am glad it worked! same cartridge that i had. les, you are turning into quite the repair man!

tom

Similar to prior postings, my bathroom faucets also leak when the water is turned on. I cannot figure out how to remove the handle based on prior postings to this forum. I have attached a photo of mine and I would appreciate advise on how to remove the knobs so that I can avoid damaging them.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

chester. you have exactly the same ones i do. that top cap comes off by unscrewing ccw. the cap above the rings.

turn your faucet fully ccw, then apply some more force with just your hands on that top cap that is 1/4" high or so.

they will break loose and just the top will unscrew. then the cartridge is exposed.

tom