You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tire monitor systems?

Hey Todd,

Here's how it went down....

I was running a new auxiliary braking system on my Jeep Liberty toad. It is of the type that attaches to the brake pedal and is installed and removed each time to hook and unhook the toad. One one occasion when I installed it I screwed up a bit and had it slightly pressing on the pedal in what should have been the fully released position. Totally operator error on my part. My Tire Pressure Monitoring System from TST measures and reports tire pressure as well as individual tire temperatures. As I was pulling the Jeep with the brakes slightly on, the rotors got hot and soon that heat transferred to the wheels and then the air in the tires. I got a high temperature alarm and pulled over to see what was wrong. Soon discovered my mistake and released all pressure on the brake pedal, but thanks to the warning before any rotor damage was done. Without the TPMS with temperature alarm I would have smoked a set of rotors and been out considerable time and money. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004